Options

IPSoft

Gallager00Gallager00 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anybody heard of the company, IPSoft? It is in NYC.

I'm thinking of accepting a job there as a network engineer. I have been reading glassdoor reviews and sounds like a typical MSP...

I would appreciate it if someone can shed some light.
2016 Goals: CCNA Security, CCNA Data Center, VCP6-NV. Mostly focusing on skills rather than certs.
2016 Completed:
Currently reading: CCNA Security, programming books

Comments

• Options
    RakuraiRakurai Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Went to their HQ in NYC for a interview in ~Sept '14 for NOC position in Austin, i think.... been a while. Interviewer's were on there phones the whole time, drove up from DC for it, waste of my time and money.

Other than that I don't have much light to shed.
  • Options
    Gallager00Gallager00 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea, my interview was delayed because they could not find a room for me. Thanks.
    2016 Goals: CCNA Security, CCNA Data Center, VCP6-NV. Mostly focusing on skills rather than certs.
    2016 Completed:
    Currently reading: CCNA Security, programming books
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I knew some guys that used to work there it was a love/hate relationship. Big plus about IPSoft is that you work on everything network related so its a great resume builder but it is a typical MSP=to much work but never enough people.
  • Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    I have. I interviewed with the HR woman via skype a year ago. I passed to the next round but never took the next interview since I ended up with an offer somewhere else. They have a big spot here in NYC.

I have heard mixed reviews from people that worked there before.

Also, I have included their Glassdoor Rank and Review link below.
    https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-IPSoft-EI_IE101271.11,17.htm
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    themicthemic Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    run, as fast as you can.....

it's a msp that markets itself as some innovative cognitive automation service. 90% of your time is spent on closing tickets without actually doing anything meaningful. Most people leave within 1 year. Most of their customers are low end/difficult. Their engineer can't do much more than powercycling a printer.. The management has absolutely no idea what you do or who you are, but with beat you to death with metrics (mean time to close ticket). One person doing phone support for hundreds of customers, what do you expect?
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I worked at ipsoft a few years ago...i'm still good friends with a number of ppl there, but it wasnt for me. I only stayed for a year before I moved on to another firm. The pay was on the low end, but when I was there, we made up for it in monthly bonus, which is metrics based. They've cut the bonus a ton since I've left there.

As previously stated, they market themselves as cognitive automation, so alot of the automatas handle the work. Also, there are way more clients & services offered than employees that can handle the load, and that is due in large part to the Sales team, and they're crazy promises to clients. Yeah mgmt is a joke, and Chetan talks a good game about

Some ppl love it at ipsoft, most don't and are trying to get some experience, then move on to another firm.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)