Options

Interview

PPforLifePPforLife Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I did a phone interview almost 2 weeks ago. Towards the end I asked what is the time line for a in person interview. They said about 2 weeks. Haven't heard anything from them. I've called today only to get an answering machine. How many times is to many?

I know the anxiety.....hurry up and wait.... I currently have a job but looking for something new. Probably will be doing the same thing with more pay. Thanks ahead for any feed back.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Don't call again. Send a 'want to touch base' email and inquire. Then, move on.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    They never gave me an email address. But I was able to guess it, by looking at the email address on their company's website.

Should I leave a message?
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just move on. Getting employed is a numbers game. Do not ever tie yourself emotionally to any job opportunity. This will make you dependent and manifesting your depended or even addict behavior can and will be used to your disadvantage because in this condition you are more likely to accept lowballing. Even if it is a dreamjob at Google or whatever on the other end -- never depend on it emotionally.

If you make say 100 applications per week -- somebody will hire you and rather sooner than later. It is a numbers game, keep going and don't stick to something emotionally.
  • Options
    Thanks gespenstern. So true with the emotion thing. I'm just lucky that I have a job or I would be stressing even more.

Kinda strange that when I submitted my resume and they called me 2 days later, I was emotional high and confident and now that I haven't heard from them I'm all down on my self. (When I applied to this I wasn't really looking). A friend from another state told me to just look to see whats out there I saw it and just updated my resume, it was just on a whim.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep, being rejected is emotionally exhausting. It destroys your self-esteem. Therefore it needs to be treated, there are tricks that could boost your self-esteem. If you are between jobs -- go for certs. Or at least pull out your existing certs and stare at them, saying something like these bodies endorsed my knowledge therefore I'm worth it. It's just them (potential employers) who didn't see me being that brilliant for their own reasons that I have zero influence on. Work on your resume each day and think about your achievements. Word them carefully, this will also boost your self-esteem.

If you can't land a job for too long and been through too many interviews it may help to behave straight up obnoxiously towards some potential employer if you feel that chances are negligible. Come to your interview and behave like a jackass, like you are a demigod and their company is the puniest thing you ever saw in your life. It can also boost self-esteem significantly. I don't advise to do that to people who are good, it would be rude and inappropriate but since it is a numbers game -- you will eventually encounter some jackasses as hiring managers. Be also a jackass towards them and come out with "fvck yeah!" attitude from your interview.

Stuff like that will help you to stay afloat between jobs. I've been there so many times...
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    if they said about 2 weeks, that could honestly mean 4 weeks in their world. Some companies take forever to get things accomplished during the interview process.

I definitely wouldn't count them out but I wouldn't just put my eggs in one basket in hopes that you get that one job either.