Options

It is anybody failed N+?

Bruce LeeBruce Lee Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
It is anybody failed N+?
Bruce Lee

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Assuming you meant to ask if anyone every failed the Network+ exam: yes, not often probably, but surely it happens. In most cases lack of preparation will be the cause as the exam isn't very hard and the material is relatively basic.
  • Options
    Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree, most posts on this forum are about passing, I have seen very few fails. And like stated, if you are prepared well you should find the test relatively easy. I have found both A+ and Net+ to be easy, but I also study very hard. And I truly believe that the amount of studying time reflects on your score.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I hate to admit this but I failed the Network+ about 5 years ago. I took it to try and get out of some class in college and I figured that since I had had a year of Cisco about a year before that, I should be fine...

Well, it had been about a year since I had anything to do with networking at that point and I went into the exam without studying.

Since that time I have had a lot more hands on experience at work ect... I also studied this past time even though I felt I could have passed it this time without study... I still learned new things from studying though.

This is an easy exam in the grand scheme of things but I still say you should not underestimate it or in my case I overestimated myself and underestimated the exam 5 years ago.

It took me 5 years to work up the determination to take the exam again and now I am on the road to taking several more exams. I've learned to not let failure stop me from continuing onward. If I fail the security+ I will study harder and take the exam again.
  • Options
    Bruce LeeBruce Lee Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thx for answers
    Bruce Lee
  • Options
    persianking23persianking23 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i failed today..i remembered all the questions using the latest braindump from 11/2005 but still failed. Out of 85 questions, i didnt recognize about 30 of them.

I got 508 and its because I admit, I forgot some of the answers. The OSI model always loses me.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    i failed today..i remembered all the questions using the latest braindump from 11/2005 but still failed. Out of 85 questions, i didnt recognize about 30 of them.

I got 508 and its because I admit, I forgot some of the answers. The OSI model always loses me.
    *ohhhh, you forgot some of the answers, and they gave you questions you hadn't memorized, poor you icon_cry.gif *

you deserved to fail.
    witty comment
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ah yes, the other cause of failure besides lack of preparation: cheating. You can't pass an exam after having read the questions and answers upfront because the actual exam is then no longer an 'actual exam', so there's nothing left to pass (Unless every exam question has a colorful network diagram and you're a parrot of course). The score will be nothing more than a number, and the certificate nothing more than a piece of paper.
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    I failed it on my first attempt last year. I got a bit cocky because I passed both of the A+ tests the first time. After I took time to study the material like I should've done in the first place, I was able to pass. It's basic networking concepts, but I wouldn't take it lightly either.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    _omni_ wrote:

*ohhhh, you forgot some of the answers, and they gave you questions you hadn't memorized, poor you icon_cry.gif *

you deserved to fail.

icon_thumright.gif

I agree, you deserve to fail if you use braindumps
  • Options
    johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    AGREEED!! brain **** are bad! They make the certification worth less to all of the people out there who actually earned it! The material is not THAT difficult. Just try learning it! If you want to put the cert to use, you're going to have to know the material eventually anyway icon_mad.gif
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems
    Ok, OK enough. I fail to believe no one else in this forum or site has used braindumps to pass these exams. Lets stop bashing this dude.

Tell you the truth, I think its impossible to pass these exams by reading just the book. You need some real world experience.
    i'm sure there are others here who've used braindumps. that proves nothing.

to tell you the truth, it is very possible to pass the exams with only a book(s) and a computer (or two, depending on the exam), even without "real world experience". and yes, without braindumping.
    so kiss my behind.

btw, (talking about MS certs specifically) the exams are designed for people with (usually) 6-12 months experience in that particular role.
    so if you want to pass the exam without experience, you'd better be prepared to study long and hard. lack of experience and difficulty are no excuse for cheating. MS doesn't owe you anything so don't complain about it.
    witty comment
  • Options
    wcanmillerwcanmiller Inactive Imported Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First off, watch your mouth That "kiss my behind" remark was unneccesary.

And I could care less if you study or ****. Lets see how long you last when and IF you get that IT job with all these certs backing you up.

Id love to see a fake poser with MCSE on his first day at work with his boss walking up to him asking him to create a MSI package and deploy it using a group policy...hahahahaha freakin losers

Id pay anything to see the look on his face
  • Options
    And I could care less if you study or ****.
    then quit bitching about it. you obviously think that those with certs but no professional experience know nothing.
    tell me then, what is it that they learn? obviously if they study the right way they will have the knowledge. granted, experience is the ultimate teacher. but it's plain stupid to say that those with certs but no experience have no knowledge.

by the way, i don't have an mcse or even an mcsa, but deploying an .msi through group policy is extremely easy. as far as creating an msi, i believe you need some developer kit.
    yes, the 290 exam (or rather it's relevant book) teaches you to deploy msi's through group policy. how is it then that you expect an mcse with no experience to not know how to do it? they do, after all, learn about it.
    so quit generalising.

btw i see you have no certs listed under your profile. if you have none then you aren't qualified to degrade them.
    witty comment
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wcanmiller wrote:
    Id love to see a fake poser with MCSE on his first day at work with his boss walking up to him asking him to create a MSI package and deploy it using a group policy...hahahahaha freakin losers

I don't have an MCSE and I can do that easily. For someone putting down the MCSE you don't seem to have any of Microsoft's certs listed in your profile.

Quick, go put a few in there real quick ... icon_wink.gif

To Omni:
    I use installshield to create the .msi packages. There are some others, but a real easy one you may have access to is the WinInstallLE utility which comes shipped on the Windows 2000 Advanced Server disk.

Check out the 2003 version here for some more info:
    http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?16500000037147
  • Options
    ok, thanks for the info. icon_wink.gif
    witty comment
  • Options
    wcanmillerwcanmiller Inactive Imported Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Me? no certs. Dont need them. Manager whos been in the field for 14 years.

I have spent countless hours interviewing candidates for positions here with my company over the years. Plenty of posers. Every candidate that had certs like mcse, msca etc etc etc was lost during the interview. Waste of my time and theirs. 13 people and only 3 knew was mixed mode environment was. (example) We gave up and passed this process to a recruiting company to weed out posers before sending them to me.

Certifications do help you. I admit. I look for it in my screening process. But I mainly look at experience when interviewing now. The more EXP the harder the interview you get from me.

Persianking23, if you want to ****, be my guest. But I should warn you..be ready for the interview. You are not gonna be asked "tell me abut yourself" type questions with an MCSE.
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    wcanmiller wrote:
    Me? no certs. Dont need them. Manager whos been in the field for 14 years.

I take it you own this company you mention........:)
  • Options
    JoeNvidioJoeNvidio Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ide never use "braindumps" (i dont even kno what it is) to pass cert tests. cus then if u fail, u feel like a huge moron. and if u pass, there is no sense of accomplishment.

ide rather study hard, cus i hope to have a career in IT someday. cheating in this way is just dumb.
  • Options
    pcrepairguypcrepairguy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh Well, as long as you are competent enough to know what you are doing it doesn't matter whether you have it or not.
    Why read "Impossible" Just read it "I M Possible" -- A.I. (not Iverson;)
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    _omni_ wrote:
    [

btw, (talking about MS certs specifically) the exams are designed for people with (usually) 6-12 months experience in that particular role.
    so if you want to pass the exam without experience, you'd better be prepared to study long and hard. lack of experience and difficulty are no excuse for cheating. MS doesn't owe you anything so don't complain about it.

That is definitely true.

2 years ago I studied pretty hard for the xp exam. I knew I could have passed it, but I didn't take it. However, I had to work HARD to learn some of the concepts, and honestly most of it would only have lasted through the test itself, and then I would have forgotten the details.

Now that I have experience in those areas I ran through it, and scheduled the exam.

It can be done without exp, but you have to do labs and excercises.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    Most people do not understand that even if they get answers to the 'standard' questions, they still won't know how to answer in the troubleshooting questions. The truth is they know how to memorize things. But when a real problem hits, they won't know what to do because they never learned the concepts, they only memorized the answers. I not making fun of anyone, I'm just saying that if you do pass using this method, you still won't understand the skills you were developing for this cert. Then when you need these skills in the real world you won't have them and you may find yourself in a tight spot. Don't give up, go back and learn the materials and then pass the test. You must have an interest or you would not have taken it. Just do it the right way so that you get everything out of it that you need for your skill development. Best Wishes
    To protect and to serve(r)...
  • Options
    doc_unitdoc_unit Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The hypocrasy in this forum is maddening... If I wanted to see a bunch of apes pound their chest... I'd watch King Kong...

wcanmiller wrote:

Who cares?... did you ever consider that the MCSE certification is geared towards deploying an MS-based network in an enterprise?... and if it was catered to those of us who deployed to small to medium-sized vertical markets that the tests would be far different... it's easy for you to chuckle when you specialize in GPO and .msi packaging... and that's all you have to do... I can just as easily sit here and discover the cracks in your facade... 'cause I'm certain you wouldn't be able to configure a Pervasive Dabatase... or administer a Sybase engine... or be able to assess what the benefits of a particular product when it is running on Pervasive vs. MSSQL...all 'cause you haven't been exposed to it... (why would there be an expectation for you to know if you never needed to be roll out these technologies)...

rotfl... Microsoft's migration tools don't even function properly... why would I use them?

wcanmiller

13 people and only 3 knew was mixed mode environment was.

I reiterate... Who cares that your platform or mail system may run in mixed mode... in my situation, should I really care if a candidate can't maintain workstations in a multi-platfrm environment?... should I penalize someone 'cause they don't know the pros and cons of iFolder over Terminal Services or Citrix Metaframe?... do I care that you use Exchange 5.5 in conjucntion with 2K?... whether it's GroupWise, LotusNotes, Mercury Mail... they all do the same thing... open a connection to the internet and send and receive data... it's not rocket science...

if they're quick, astitute enough and apt to pick up what it is being communicated to them, then they can function within the workplace... should they be denied an opportunity 'cause they don't know the design of your environment?....

I love all MCSE who aren't even aware that AD is cheap knock-off of NDS... too bad Novell can't market and has a poor licensing paradigm... 'cause sadly a far superior product was decommissioned...

and it makes me chuckle to hear how certifications "get water downed" 'cause people use ****... all these certifications are a way:
      to make money for the organizations who offer them... some dumb bimbo in HR to substatiate why she hired you when you f@#k up on the job... some placement agency to still get paid by you... management to justify a pay raise that they had no intention of ever giving you

good luck... all I was looking for is a quick way to certify... 'cause honestly, I don't think a client has ever asked me at what level of the OSI model does a router function... it's always been some sort of cost analysis... but, heck... what do I know?... I'm only an MCSE...

BTW, wcanmiller I'm looking for work... I've forgotten more than most know...

I'm certain you have much to teach me... and much to learn from me as well...

'cause unfortunately, some guy that learned how to bundle an .msi package using "MS tools" from a text book, prepared for these exams "the right way" is making the 70K that I should be pocketing...

the problem is too many people are in IT who shouldn't be... 'cause they don't have the ability to adapt or troubleshoot... or find the answers when they don't have them... that's why the industry is watered down... so thank your uncle in finance for your paycheck... or the manager from the "furniture moving division" for your lateral move into the IT department...

Thanx,

Bitter SOB who's looking for the easy way to certify... 'cause alas it's the only way to get your foot in the door and out of the grave
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    wcanmiller wrote:

I really don't hope you think this reflects advanced skills.