Options

Enquiry about Renewing Cisco Associate Grade Certification

dannyhinhkdannyhinhk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a CCNA Security, which will be expired in April. I am interested in taking CCNA Data Center Certification, but I am afraid that I don't have enough time to complete both 640-911 & 640-916 examinations.

1. May I renew my CCNA Security by completing either one of the above examination?
2. If yes, does the order of taking the examination affect the recertification?

Kindly appreciate your advice.Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    to my knowledge you need to pass any ASsociate level exam to renew... I would email theses folks they respond preety fast www.cisco.com/go/certsupport
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dannyhinhk wrote: »

1. May I renew my CCNA Security by completing either one of the above examination?
    2. If yes, does the order of taking the examination affect the recertification?

Kindly appreciate your advice.Thanks.

1. Yes
    2. Order doesn't matter. Any Associate exam(except ICND1) will renew your CCNA Security.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    koz24 wrote: »
    1. Yes
    2. Order doesn't matter. Any Associate exam(except ICND1) will renew your CCNA Security.
    Well ICND1 ins't an associate level exam...but as said any exam associate or higher will renew your certifications at the same level and lower.

Another example is taking a CCNP exam would renew anything CCNP and lower.
  • Options
    dannyhinhkdannyhinhk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I would proceed in taking one of them (911 or 916) as soon as possible.
    Thank you very much for all of your advice.