Options

question: suggested additional study material for CEH V9 (been ready for V8)

nrgskillnrgskill Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, a couple of months ago I paid for the Exam voucher and bought Sybex CEH V8 study guide. (Having the > 2y professional experience). After that, EC-Council changed the exam content and I had to delay it.
I'll give the exam next week, can you please suggest me some additional study material (or URLs) that cover the additional content?

Especially the Risk Framework and the new threats (but not limited to).
I found only very detailed material, online. I guess the exam will not go so deep so I would optimize my study efforts.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    nrgskillnrgskill Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just for the sake of sharing:
    I passed the exam today, I found that most of the things I studied for V8 was covering only up to 50%
    Probably I was successful because of the working experience and other certs I have (CISSP, CISA, Security+).
    Looks like ECC is rising the difficulty level to countermeasure the degraded reputation CEH has compared to other hands-on certs...
  • Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

I did my test last March I also found that most of the things I studied for V8 was covering only up to 50% (and that is rounding up haha)
    I also believe I was successful due to the experience i had.

Did you find the exam difficult?
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've seen the official courseware..................MY GOD how can they charge so much it's basic at best and i've not seen v8'S slides but cant imagine that much of a difference