Options

Passed CEH!!

lfrenchwlfrenchw Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I found this exam to be not nearly as difficult as the CISSP. Like everyone else has posted, you need to know your tools for Fingerprinting, Enumeration, and attack tools. I have heard that there are not many questions in the test bank for the CEHv9 since it is relatively new. Might be a good time to take a stab at it if you are considering.

Comments

• Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Do they still give you a passing score or is it just pass/fail?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Congrats! Great job!!! icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    mojosplurrmojosplurr Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    KMurrieKMurrie Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congrats!!! ill be taking it in Feb 12 (2 weeks)
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    Congrats! Do they still give you a passing score or is it just pass/fail?

They do give you a score report at the end, but it doesn't tell you how well you did in each objective area. It shows a sliding scale of 100%, passing score, and your score. You can log into EC-Council's member site at aspen.eccouncil.org and look at your scores for any exam you've attempted. I took CEHv8 and CHFIv8, and I have to say that I thought both exams were very easy. I don't know if it was just luck of getting the right questions both times, but each one only took me about 45 minutes to get between 90%-95% on each. I seriously doubt it will be anything like that when I attempt the CISSP eventually.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    awhyawhy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lfrenchw congratulations, am also planning to take on CEHv9 after my CISSP exam which has been booked for Feb 26. If i may ask, how long does it take you to prepare for the exam, and is the CEHv9 course ware all you use for the exam? Is there lab work in the exam or just objectives?