Options

Looking for advice - Deciding between 2 jobs.

Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
Hi everyone,

So I currently have a job offer that stands at 2500/month (I'm only an intern). Previously, working at different companies as an intern, I was making ~3200 a month. I told the HR person on the phone that I would need a salary of at least $3k a month for me to accept the job.

I have another interview at another company on Monday. From what I hear, this company pays substantially more, but this company is based in another state (they will pay for relocation though).

Can someone give me advice as to what to do? Even if the first company offers me $3k a month, I'm still hesitant if I should just decline it and hope for the best on my interview on Monday and maybe hear from them? I'm in a bit of a pickle right now, so I hope some people here can give me their honest opinions and any advice.

Thank you very much.

Justin

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Is the other job interesting? Will it advance your job skills? What state is it in? How old are you? If you have no attachments to where you live, what a great opportunity to go for.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Is the other job interesting? Will it advance your job skills? What state is it in? How old are you? If you have no attachments to where you live, what a great opportunity to go for.

Hi scaredoftests (I like your name btw lol),

Yes the other job is actually working as a Network Admin intern so it seems like it would be a great opportunity for me because I see myself doing network / security administration as my full time career goal down the line. It is in Ohio. I don't have any attachments to where I live besides having my family and girlfriend back in my home state. It is only for 8 months so it's not that long of a commitment, I'm just wondering what you would do.

Cheers.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Take the opportunity. Sounds perfect for what you want. And as you said, it's only for 8 months, and they are paying for relocation. While you're working the internship, look for a new job back home (assuming you'll want to move back after the internship). Who knows? The Ohio company may want to hire you on permanently at a much hire salary.