Options

Questions for those who have completed WGU MSISA

tonyz90tonyz90 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
This semester I'm coming up on CEH and CHFI. For CHFI they have given me access to iLabs and some videos, but no books. I looked over some of the labs, but realistically how helpful are these? The test is multiple choice from what I've heard, so I'm curious to see if navigating through a file system to take the hash of a file is that helpful for actual test taking.

I have a few certs to include Sec+, CISM, CISSP, and SANS GCIH - so hoping that my knowledge based on these certs would be enough with just a study guide that goes over some terms or if the in depth knowledge is really important on this one?

Sorry to come asking here, just haven't been able to find many reviews on forums about where the focus of the test is - and I'm looking to knock it out by the second week of February so I need a good path of study.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    cs8400cs8400 Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I bought Matt Walkers book at the time and read it. I spent a little time on the labs, but they really didn't help me pass the exam. I'm just finishing up my capstone for the MSISA. Looks like from the Ethical Hacking (FNV2) Learning Resources Tab you can request access to "EC-Council CEHv9 Aspen eBook". Probably not the best resource...

For CHFI, I used their ebook through Soomo and Bookshelf. It's not under the Learning Resources tab, but is part of the "Course Material". Not terribly difficult to get this one. I spent about 4 weeks on this one (going slow).
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    tonyz90 wrote: »
    This semester I'm coming up on CEH and CHFI. For CHFI they have given me access to iLabs and some videos, but no books.

I'm doing the CHFI class right now and I have six books. They're all the EC-Council official Courseware, you can access them through VitalSource BookShelf. It's a little tricky to get them loaded there because WGU wants you to go through their new little course environment. Which is fine if you want to do that, but I like having them downloaded to my iPad so I can read them on the bus without having to connect my hotspot. Once you access the first section, it unlocks the new book, then open up VitalSource and tell it to look for new books. PM me if you have questions.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm looking at the capstone right now, and it has the prospectus listed as needing to be done. Is that an actual requirement, or can it be skipped? Also, it lists around twenty pages or so worth of stuff to write about, if it's required, does it really need to be that long? That's nearly as long as the capstone itself.... And, when you submit the capstone, how long does it take to get back? It says the turnaround is two weeks, but that sounds excessive (even for a long project like this)....