Options

Suggestion about IT certificates for career

javedp5051javedp5051 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, I am Javed from India. I saw some experienced people on this site so decided to ask my question here. I been always confused about my study path. I passed higher secondary with Commerce and had no interest in Commerce so opted to BCA and graduated last year. Now I am planing to go for the Cisco certificates, starting with CompTIA's Network+ (Foundation) as I don't have much knowledge in IT and than to CCNA. So my question is that, would CCNA get me a good job with decent salary and you also may suggest some other courses that would be better for me on my basis and qualifications. Thank You

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    The certification won't get you the job or salary - it's the knowledge you have. There's a lot of people with certifications who don't know ANY of the content on the exam itself and they expected to get a good job only to fail at the technical interview. I would say that true CCNA-level knowledge of someone who can not only lab up all the concepts but explain the theory behind them can get their foot in the door for an entry-level job. From there, it's all about learning more on the job and possibly cracking open the books and labbing to grow your career.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Certs show your desire to learn and that you are investing your time into IT. The CCNA isn't going to guarantee you a job by any means but it's a nice feather in your cap. If you have zero IT experience I'd still aim for an entry level job.
  • Options
    javedp5051javedp5051 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thing your suggestions a enough helpful for me, thank you @Iristheangel and @markulous ...