Passed Cloud+ Today

soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got an 821 - better than I thought I did when I hit submit actually.

Some questions really easy, some were worded to try to "trick" you. As a Comptia SME who has helped design questions for the A+ exam I think this is despicable. It almost makes the test more reading comprehension than a technical exam.

I did not think the Stammer & Wilson practice questions and practice exam from the book did a good job of prepping you for this exam at all. Some of the questions I had to lean on my CCNA knowledge to answer, which I guess is okay but is not covered in the book. The book does do a decent job of prepping you for the memorization stuff and giving you a broad overview of topics. Do not rely on just the book though, have some professional curiosity and learn the topics in there a little better.

There were about 7 or 8 questions that had 2 correct answers, again, despicable. We shouldn't be trying to trick people here!
2018 Achievements:
Cloud Essentials SME
Project+
CRISC

2019 To conquer:
Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • torquxtorqux Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Need to study for this as well icon_sad.gif
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Cloud+!!! icon_thumright.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • User2097User2097 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Now take a VM-Ware Associate certification (such as Data Center or something along those lines). You'll be surprised how much Cloud+ helped me pass that within a month.
    Cert Goals: CISSP-ISSAP (May 2016) | CISM (2016) | GSEC (2016) | OSCP (2017)
    College: MBA Project Management (2012) | Bachelors IT Management (2010)
    Experience: Cyber Security, Information Assurance, and IT Management Officer
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass.