Options

CCIE DC Rack Rental

2»

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow so ACI is taking off aye? Good to know v2 is pushing the way for this training.

I have 2500 INE rack tokens I have bought over the years, are the dc rentals really that bad? I do have the new RS work books too so I can always go that route, but I really need to get the DC written done within the next 5 months. Apparently Brian M. says the content will be available as v2 comes closer to release. So I am assuming newer material , maybe labs? by July/August? I don't plan on doing DC lab studies until August-Sept.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Chrisone - I'm only going based on what I've heard from others but here's what I know:

I still speak to Jason Lunde since the bootcamp and I know they're buying ACI pods, swapping out the sups and other things to build out the v2 racks. That should happen before the changeover to v2. He's dedicated to only the DC track right now so he's been working on new videos already. I probably will sign up for an AAP when that happens just to learn more hands-on with ACI.

As far as INE, I'm not 100% sure. There was a guy in RGs who was friends with Brian M - according to this guy, they bought all their DC gear off Ebay. The grace period license thing seems to support that claim. If they go ACI, they won't be able to find this stuff lying around on Ebay given how new the technology is. If INE is ready to make the jump into that technology and produce content immediately, it should be easy for them to buy. But if Brian isn't ready to start releasing v2.0 ACI videos, I suspect he'd hold off on the investment on gear until they had content for it and that might take awhile since he's up to his eyeballs on 3 different tracks. My .2 cents at least. They definitely need more trainers before anything else.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Mow wrote: »
    Paid for the Collab workbooks a year and a half ago. Can't get the money refunded. Can't get a different track. 1/10 Do Not Recommend.

I actually feel the worse for you collab guys. In all that time waiting, most people probably moved on to another track or passed with other resources icon_sad.gif
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow, that beard definitely changes his look
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @Iris

Hmmm, well I guess at this moment its clear that regardless I will end up taking the v2 lab. By the time I am done with v1 written there should be a clear cut answer by INE and IPX on when they will have new labs and material out for v2. Based on that information I will either save the INE tokens for RS and buy the IPX Datacenter stuff or luckout and INE learned from its customers and improved their DC rack. Sigh, I need to finish these security certs for work lol I should have v1 written done before the deadline though, I have no choice, my other certs expire august 9th lol
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    hyperSCSIhyperSCSI Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Iristheangel

You work at Cisco?

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question by checking out your blog. I'm in RTP in the ACI space, feel free to ping me if you ever have any questions :)
  • Options
    Ping me on Jabber so I know who you are :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Chrisone - I'm only going based on what I've heard from others but here's what I know:

I still speak to Jason Lunde since the bootcamp and I know they're buying ACI pods, swapping out the sups and other things to build out the v2 racks. That should happen before the changeover to v2. He's dedicated to only the DC track right now so he's been working on new videos already. I probably will sign up for an AAP when that happens just to learn more hands-on with ACI.

As far as INE, I'm not 100% sure. There was a guy in RGs who was friends with Brian M - according to this guy, they bought all their DC gear off Ebay. The grace period license thing seems to support that claim. If they go ACI, they won't be able to find this stuff lying around on Ebay given how new the technology is. If INE is ready to make the jump into that technology and produce content immediately, it should be easy for them to buy. But if Brian isn't ready to start releasing v2.0 ACI videos, I suspect he'd hold off on the investment on gear until they had content for it and that might take awhile since he's up to his eyeballs on 3 different tracks. My .2 cents at least. They definitely need more trainers before anything else.

sometimes i wonder why INE cannot get more instructors to handle others tracks, brian M seems to do everything and the other brian has been silent for awhile now.. like he went to space to teach!!!:)