Options

Any insight on online M.S. in CompSci or System Engineering

zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all,

I am highly interested an online M.S. in CompSci or System Engineering. I am currently taking a couple of CS graduate courses from Old Dominion University however if I want to pursue the actual M.S. in CS I will need to take 7 pre-req's which primarily consist of Calc I/II, Linear Algebra etc. some fundamental CS courses.

I am looking for other options that wouldn't require as many courses to get accepted into the program. I've looked into DSU MSACS program, would require 6 pre-req, most CS programming courses. ODU M.S. In Sys Eng would require Calc I/II/III and Linear Algebra.

I'm hoping their are some options out there that might require some pre-req's for someone with a B.S. in IT and an MBA but not an entire laundry list of Math/CS courses just to get into the programs. I want to pursue a MSCS or MSSE degree for career advancement opportunities but I also have already done quite a bit of schooling and a long list of pre-req's on top of a graduate program itself is a bit of a turn off.

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    DSU is really your best option. I was accepted and they were only asking that I take four pre-req courses. Program is so cheap it really wasn't a killer and their graduate courses are top notch. My boss is in their DSc in Cyber Security and tells me about his classes, some really good stuff.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Check out Syracuse's online MS: Computer Engineering. It looks intense. I was accepted in to that program, and I wont lie, I was totally intimidated by it... Still am, a little.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow