Options

Storage Education

burfectburfect Member Posts: 128
I have been crushing pluralsight videos on VMWare as well as Masterinng vSphere but an area of expertise I feel I lack is in the storage realm. Being that storage is closely related to virtualization can anyone reccomend me some good educational resources in the storage realm?

I know there is a whole storage subforum but I feel a lot of the material applies to physical environments.

Comments

• Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    That's a tough one, I think you have to understand some of the physical aspects to understand how they relate to VMware. Also understanding the differences between iSCSI, FC and FCoE considering those at the three technologies you will see in todays world for storage traffic. For the VMware exam know the differences between the above (IE FC you zone, iSCSI you have initiators) and knowing how they are presenting in VMware would be enough IMO (presented through software iSCSI adapter).

Other than the mastering vsphere book i didn't use any other resources but I handle our storage infrastructure so it's a bit different. Perhaps some Storage+ literature would help? Pluralsight has stuff on that.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Even thought Storage + is EOL, Nigel's book on Amazon can still be found. It's a very techincal read but it explains everything you will ever need to know about storage. The rest you need to know is vendor specific and easy to figure out with a technical engineer with those vendors.
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PluralSight has Nigel's video series on CompTIA Storage Fundamentals. He explains DAS/NAS/SAN very well.