Options

Becoming A Network Administrator

SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
I will be pursuing an A.A.S Networking Technology degree:
http://www.waynecc.edu/networking/degree/

While getting the A+/Net+/Sec+ certifications to begin with.

I'm hoping to become a Network Administrator in the Raleigh, NC area.

I don't want to be unemployed after I get my degree and certifications, am I taking the right course of action to prevent that?

What jobs could I get with the degree and the certifications?

Comments

• Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You would probably start off your career in a help desk position, building experience, until you discover what your "niche" in the IT field/path you choose to pursue. If you plan on working in the Raleigh area, it would be in your best interest to join the Raleigh ISSA chapter. You would be able to meet people in the industry, which can help with internships and employment

My best advice to you would be modest and knowledgeable to your co-workers and people you meet. Understand that I am not telling you not to sell yourself. Early in your career path, don't make a certification define you to others. Let your knowledge & skills do that for you.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    I would get rid of Net + and put my focus on CCNA.