Options

Pass 640-801 exam at the second time

leighleigh Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just from test centre, took 640-801 exam at the second time, passed it with score 900. icon_cool.gif

Thx a lot for this great site, and all the notes, comments and encouragement from people around.

I gained exam experience from the first try. No time issue today, similar simulator questions as pervious ones.
Almost two weeks' labs using CCNP NetSim, plus reviewing cisco INTRO and ICND, give me further understanding knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Congratulations. icon_cool.gif
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    RUN-DMCRUN-DMC Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've seen on many posts that if people are using the boson netsim they use the ccnp version versus ccna.

Is it that you can do more on the CCNP sim? Or something else more practical?

thanks
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    DMC wrote:
    I've seen on many posts that if people are using the boson netsim they use the ccnp version versus ccna.

Is it that you can do more on the CCNP sim? Or something else more practical?

thanks

You can do a lot more with the CCNP Sim....and it carries over to the next cert. icon_wink.gif ....I am glad I saw this post...I need to move the sim over to this laptop. icon_wink.gif

Congrats on passing the exam...and the new cert!

And there is no shame in failing the exam the first time. The CCNA is one of the VERY few exams that I failed the first time. Out of the many Cisco exams that I have taken....I have only failed 3 on the first try:

CCNA (long ago...I deserved to fail..I could barely spell CCNA)
    IDS (Not sure what the hell happened...I thought I nailed it)
    CCIE R/S Lab (haha...it's the Lab....it happens)

Congrats again....and good luck..

by the way...nice Avatar! I want an '02 GTS ACR....almost got one a while back....haha..someday..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cool.gif

So, what's next?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP,
    CCIE Written (R/S, Security),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA,
    C|EH, ACA, ACS, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA

You got lots of certificate, can you tell me when and why you got them?

Thank you.
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    So, what's next?
    Thank you.

I am thinking of CCNP. But accoring to my present part-time technician job and income, I am also thinking of JAVA certificate.

Can anybody tell me how long to get CCNP certificate with CCNA and 5 years' cisco router work experience before 2004?
  • Options
    leigh wrote:
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP,
    CCIE Written (R/S, Security),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA,
    C|EH, ACA, ACS, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA

You got lots of certificate, can you tell me when and why you got them?

Thank you.

haha...yup...that is actually not all of them. I have picked them up over the past 8 years. I currently use most of them in my everyday work..(managing large customers Voice, Data, and Security)..some of them I used in the past.

Why I got them......Well, there are a lot of reasons. Like I mentioned above, at one time or another, I have used the skills / knowledge in my daily job. Maybe not every piece that you need for the cert...but most of it. Studying for the certs helped me dig into certain areas more than I would have normally. This is great....it keeps me on my toes and always learning. Some of the certs I picked up, because my employer wanted / needed me to pick them up. Hey...if someone is going to pay for it, I am not going to turn them down.

I am sure I will get more....and some of these will drop off the list. It is a never ending cycle.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    duncnzduncnz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    leigh wrote:
    Just from test centre, took 640-801 exam at the second time, passed it with scrore 900. icon_cool.gif

Thx a lot for this great site, and all the notes, comments and encouragement from people around.

I gained exam experience from the first try. No time issue today, similar simulator questions as pervious ones.
    Almost two weeks' labs using CCNP NetSim, plus reviewing cisco INTRO and ICND, give me further understanding knowledge.

900!!! That's a huge turn around on your first attempt, 621 or something wasn't it? Well done dude, not bad for 2 weeks work!
  • Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    I am sure I will get more....and some of these will drop off the list. It is a never ending cycle.
    You should tackle the new Server+ for the hell of it, lol!
  • Options
    certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    [

haha...yup...that is actually not all of them. I have picked them up over the past 8 years. I currently use most of them in my everyday work..(managing large customers Voice, Data, and Security)..some of them I used in the past.

Why I got them......Well, there are a lot of reasons. Like I mentioned above, at one time or another, I have used the skills / knowledge in my daily job. Maybe not every piece that you need for the cert...but most of it. Studying for the certs helped me dig into certain areas more than I would have normally. This is great....it keeps me on my toes and always learning. Some of the certs I picked up, because my employer wanted / needed me to pick them up. Hey...if someone is going to pay for it, I am not going to turn them down.

How old are you? If you don't mind...
  • Options
    Recently turned 32.... icon_wink.gif
    Kenny

• Options
    duncnz wrote:
    900!!! That's a huge turn around on your first attempt, 621 or something wasn't it? Well done dude, not bad for 2 weeks work!

Actually I only got 612 for the first try. I did't think it was my real level. Anyway, it gave me CCNA exam knowledge. And I think it is more important thank any kinds of preparation. It guided my next 2 weeks' review.
  • Options
    shazzamshazzam Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done!!! icon_lol.gif
    Aim for the moon, if you miss you'll be among the stars!
  • Options
    Ten9t6 wrote:

You seem a young IT person with so many certificates, every year you got some, right? If don't mind, can you tell us how long you spent on each?
  • Options
    leigh wrote:
    Ten9t6 wrote:

You seem a young IT person with so many certificates, every year you got some, right? If don't mind, can you tell us how long you spent on each?

Yes, I have passed several a year for the past 8 years.

Hahah...it would take forever to list how long it took on each one. I can tell you that some that are in the works, have taken me the whole 8 years....some took me a couple of months to get...while others I didn't even study for, I just went in and took the test.
    Kenny