Passed ITIL foundation, next step

renesa05renesa05 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have passed ITIL foundation exam yesterday and the score was 90%. I only studied for 4 days and after finishing reading I started the practice tests from "ITIL foundation exam study guide" by Liz and Helen. I found out that I was only getting around 70-75% on those tests. So, I was a bit worried whether to postpone the exam or not as my exam was the day after I finish studying my book. Then I decided to practice whatever practice exam I found online and that helped me a lot.

to Claire:

I tried to send you a DM but the system is not allowing me to do so. As you are COBIT 5 certified I have a question for you. The study guide ISACA mentions in their website is "COBIT 5: a business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT" and the book I see is only 98 pages. I am a bit confused whether this is the only book to study. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to apporach this certification as I am planning to sit for it next.

Thank you.

Renesa

Comments

• No_NerdNo_Nerd Banned Posts: 168
    4 days of study and a 90% hum... good job what online tests did you use ?
  • SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No_Nerd wrote: »
    4 days of study and a 90% hum... good job what online tests did you use ?

I got a 91% in about the same time frame without reading anything and no online tests. IMO, it's a common sense test.
  • renesa05renesa05 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I googled and whatever I found online I took those. I spend half a day just to find out tests and practice those.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Renesa

The COBIT 5 framework is 90+ pages and explains the COBIT concepts in detail. If you want to take the exam there are online and classroom courses available. I took the COBIT exam after taking a course - I haven't spoken to anyone who has self-studied but there might be others on the forum who have.

Claire
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! 4 days study? That's great!

Good luck on your next adventure!
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□