Technical writing - Certification / Resources

Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
Hello,

I would like to improve my technical writing skills, do you know ressouces or certification that cover technical writing in depth?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• whiteskieswhiteskies Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Truth be told the honest answer. A college writing class. I took a college writing class and almost failed. Because of fragments, transitions, citing, active and passive, differences between . , ; : - etc I thought I was a good writer before I went into the class. The second week I felt I actually sucked a writing and I should never write anything else again icon_sad.gif. So it did help me a lot. I would recommend it. The class was a few hundred dollars. If you don't have a degree it'll count towards one.

Whiteskies. Capital W
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a degree in technical writing and almost 20 years of experience working in architecture/construction (first degree in architecture - the building kind, not the computer kind), software, hardware/electronics, and government. My last official writing job was as a technical writer in the security department of a state agency. That's how I got into security. Anyway, forget about technical writing certifications (if they exist). There are plenty of great college courses. Check your local community college. They may have a certificate or associate degree program.

Are you looking to become a technical writer, or do you just want to improve your written communication skills?