The Network-

RedRangerRedRanger Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the Network+ today and failed. It was my first ever IT cert test and quite an interesting experience.

I just wasn't prepared for the simulations (I think CompTIA weights these heavily in terms of points).

To study for the test I used Mike Meyers All-in-One Network+ book, CompTIA Certmaster, and ad-hoc online research. Wish I had better prepared, however, I am glad I was exposed to the exam so next time I can better prepare for the CompTIA style of questioning.

There were a lot of scenario questions that the Certmaster and Mike Meyer's chapter quizzes simply to explicitly prepare you for. Although I am glad I got the Certmaster as that strengthened and deepened my understanding of networking concepts and overall knowledge. I have never really worked in the IT field so much of my knowledge was drawn upon my studies of theoretical concepts and some practical concepts I learned from books and online.

My plan now is to re-take the exam sometime later. Bolster my study with the Messer videos (too damn lengthy), and I would like a way to get practice with Network+ lab simulations (if anyone can recommend a way).

Scored a 632, 88 points away from victory.

siege_of_vienna_1529_by_pieter_snayers.jpeg

I have to lift my 4 months siege on the Network+ and withdraw...

Comments

• JKWilliamsSrJKWilliamsSr Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Red....Pearson offers a testing simulator that should help.

Network Simulator Series | Pearson IT Certification

I have not used it yet but plan on getting it a week before I am to test. Pearson is only place to take a Comptia exam so it should be very helpful.
  • RedRangerRedRanger Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Red....Pearson offers a testing simulator that should help.

Network Simulator Series | Pearson IT Certification

I have not used it yet but plan on getting it a week before I am to test. Pearson is only place to take a Comptia exam so it should be very helpful.

I'm going to look into that. Definitely need to work on the lab simulations, watch the Messer videos, Meyer's video, and take a practice exam before taking the test again.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I know Network+ is vendor-neutral, but one thing that really helped me pass it on my first attempt was prior knowledge with Cisco technologies. The CCENT and CCNA Routing and Switching requires a LOT of knowledge with basic and intermediate networking concepts. You might want to try doing some studying based on the ICND1 and ICND2, and see if that helps your understanding.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College