Failed N10-006, need help

Stryker395Stryker395 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I recently took the network+ exam and failed. I mainly used the exam cram book as my main source of information although I do have some knowledge of networking and also have the book "Networking Fundamentals" by Richard M. Roberts. I didn't barely fail, but I'm pretty sure of two reasons why I failed. I knew there would be performance based questions, but I really felt ill prepared for them. I'm almost positive that I missed most of them.

I plan on taking the exam again within about six or seven weeks. Moving forward, what are some materials I can use to be better prepared next time? Are there any labs or ways that I can practice the performance based questions? Would you recommend certmaster? Thanks

Randall

Comments

• jcarrillo26jcarrillo26 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello Friend,

I am sorry to hear you failed the test. I am going to be taking the net+ myself. What i do is watch cbt nuggets, pluralsight, professor messer, etc. Anything i can get for free on YouTube. Then i read the book, i hear the exam cram is a good book. Then i take free online practice test. I already have my ccna so i plan just watch what i do not know and go over it again. When you test, i suggest you use multiple choice questions as a true or false as a process of elimination. Usually you will end up with a 50/50. I hope this helps and you can get your net+
  • RedRangerRedRanger Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's a tough test indeed and from what I hear considerably tougher than the previous version. People often mention watching the Messer videos on Youtube as a good study aid and Pearson Lab Vue simulation practice. If you don't mind sharing what did you manage to score?
  • johnnyqt25johnnyqt25 Banned Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just barely passed on 2nd attempt about an hour ago. Will post what I've learned and materials used on main forum.
  • yippeekiyayyippeekiyay Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does someone have original Mike Meyers Network+ Guide to Managing & Troubleshooting Networks, Fourth Edition?