Options

Network Support Technician "Apprenticeship"

detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just a quick background on me: I've had the privilege of going to a non-profit school in detroit the last 2.5 years. The courses/certification and training are free to us by donations.

I received my CompTIA A+ in the fall of 2014.

Since then I've been in a 10 month Server Class; which covered Network+, Windows 8.1, and MCSA: 70-410-412. My Final is on tuesday for 412 so i will be studying all weekend.

We just got a email from our ITC coordinator for a Network Support Technician Apprenticeship which we can earn money while we learn (Earn N' Learn). I am definitely looking forward to this as it will hopefully allow me to put my certifications and knowledge into training and transferable experience when i apply to employers.

Apparently its for CCENT/CCNA which would be a great stepping stone from Network+

I was hoping for security+/infosec type course after my current training but this is too hard to pass up it looks like. I will have roughly 6-7 months break as it looks to start in September.

yes.png 143.4K

Comments

• Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sounds like a great opportunity! Make sure you are keeping up on your learning as much as possible during the break and don't allow any brain rot to creep in :)
  • Options
    detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    Sounds like a great opportunity! Make sure you are keeping up on your learning as much as possible during the break and don't allow any brain rot to creep in :)

definitely! i will be re-self studying for my network+ 006, i hope to take that sometime by spring early summer.. if i get a chance i may take the windows 8.1 687, but im not really concerned with that soo much.

i hear network+ helps a little for CCENT/CCNA by like 15-25%??