Career Advice for College Graduate

scooby3scooby3 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All, I've recently graduated from school last summer and obtained a Bachelors in IT with concentration in Networking/Telecommunications. I landed a my first job as a Tier 2 Help Desk Role. This is currently my 6th month working here and during that time, I've been able to obtain my Network+ and Security+. I originally was going to study for the CCNA since I was mostly familiar with it during school and not sure why I didn't take the exam that time but I have now decided that I do know want to do networking and instead pursue a career in cyber security. Now I know I cannot make the jump that quickly, and most jobs require lots of experience but how does one transition from help desk to cyber security? Currently, I am still learning a lot in my current role, and I am exposed to windows environment/AD. I had thoughts that maybe I should look into a role as a Jr/System Admin and possibly studying on windows server 2012 and build my experience from that role. My question is, would that be good move to learn windows server and get a role as a system admin to get some experience for a couple years and then transition to cyber security, possibly a vulnerability tester/security analyst. What are some good options and routes, because I've eliminated the option for going the network side but moving along the side as a system admin? Feel free to reply with any opinions, thoughts, and recommendations.