how to get placed in your dream company being a fresher

H_RH_R Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I am a fresher In IT field. Could anybody tell me what should I do to get a good and satisfactory job?

Comments

• SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It varies by a lot of different factors but certs and experience are the two defining ones in IT. People new into IT will generally start from the bottom in a help desk/service desk environment. That's how I started and working for a telecommunications company, then got a higher paying job, still in service desk, but supporting health IT. I like where I work because I work in the corporate sector and they have a lot of different venues I can transfer too such as database support, network and system administration, 2nd tier IT support, security, etc...so once I'm ready I can venture out into those departments and doing so by getting more certs and training.

Again, this all varies. If you have the skills and the certs/degree to back up your skill you can try going for a higher level role. Also, communication/networking is key. Who you know will open a lot of doors once you're in the company if you know someone from the outside.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    H_R wrote: »
    Hi, I am a fresher In IT field. Could anybody tell me what should I do to get a good and satisfactory job?

Not even sure what a fresher is. Do you mean your new to the IT field? What is your educational and experience background? First thing I would say is get some basic certifications, like A+ and Network+. You should be able to pick up a Exam Cram book read/study it and pass the exams. If you have to take a A+ course for 3 grand I would say your in the wrong field to begin with.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • inverse_oneinverse_one Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It would probably be easiest to find jobs that are labeled as entry level like help desk or technical support. At this point you just need to get your foot in the door and start working with IT technologies. Once you worked on them you can start adding them to your resume and after awhile you can look for the next job. It's really about getting good experience off the bat so when your "dream" job comes around you'll have enough experience to compete with the other candidates and hopefully get the job.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yes. I would argue it's extremely unlikely you'll end up in your dream job/company right off the bat. Not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely. The odds are just not on your favor. Taking any decent job to gain all important experience should be your priority. Work hard, network, constantly improve you skills, and everything will come in time.
  • H_RH_R Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Spiegel wrote: »
    It varies by a lot of different factors but certs and experience are the two defining ones in IT. People new into IT will generally start from the bottom in a help desk/service desk environment. That's how I started and working for a telecommunications company, then got a higher paying job, still in service desk, but supporting health IT. I like where I work because I work in the corporate sector and they have a lot of different venues I can transfer too such as database support, network and system administration, 2nd tier IT support, security, etc...so once I'm ready I can venture out into those departments and doing so by getting more certs and training.

Again, this all varies. If you have the skills and the certs/degree to back up your skill you can try going for a higher level role. Also, communication/networking is key. Who you know will open a lot of doors once you're in the company if you know someone from the outside.

That was really helpful. Thanks for replying.:)
    Well, yes I am new in IT field. I have done btech in cse. no experience. could you please explain what exactly do you mean by A+ and network+ certifications? Thank You!
    It would probably be easiest to find jobs that are labeled as entry level like help desk or technical support. At this point you just need to get your foot in the door and start working with IT technologies. Once you worked on them you can start adding them to your resume and after awhile you can look for the next job. It's really about getting good experience off the bat so when your "dream" job comes around you'll have enough experience to compete with the other candidates and hopefully get the job.

That seems achievable. Thanks for replying :)
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Yes. I would argue it's extremely unlikely you'll end up in your dream job/company right off the bat. Not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely. The odds are just not on your favor. Taking any decent job to gain all important experience should be your priority. Work hard, network, constantly improve you skills, and everything will come in time.

Thank you!
  • koenigss15koenigss15 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fresher is a term used in South Asia for someone just entering education/work.

I assume that you are based in India. Choose an area of IT you are interested in and take as many certifications as possible. Then look for entry level jobs and apply. You may have to move to one of the major tech hub cities if you do not live in one already.

It should be easy getting a job due to the high turnover in the Asian IT industry.