Options

Stolen switch..

tedwardstedwards Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I believe one of my employees has stolen a Cisco 3650 switch from our company but I have not yet been able to prove it. Is there any way I can list the switch stolen with cisco so they will know when someone attempts to get support for it? Is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well I don't know about that but for future reference I'd keep good accountability of what you could call major end items along with where they are kept. Also if possible keep stuff like that under lock and key.
  • Options
    ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I have been working with the TAC and the process for support is either you buy a contract with Cisco, which is ain't cheap by the way, upon buying the support contract Cisco will also ask for the serial number of device. You can actually file it with Cisco that you're switch was stolen if you have all the legal stuff (purchase orders, serial numbers etc etc).

Unfortunately, the culprit may not file a support case with Cisco less he wants to get tracked down icon_lol.gif since the logistics department or the GCC (Global Contact Center - first to answer calls before passing to TAC engineers) will have to verify all information regarding the equipment first before giving you a TAC case number.

hope this helps
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    tedwards wrote:
    I believe one of my employees has stolen a Cisco 3650 switch from our company but I have not yet been able to prove it. Is there any way I can list the switch stolen with cisco so they will know when someone attempts to get support for it? Is there anything else I can do?
    It's not up to you to prove it, just calll the police and file charges.
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    You will probably have to report it to the police before you can claim off your insurance.

Not sure where you are, but if you're in the UK don't expect the police to actually do anything icon_rolleyes.gif

Your switch is probably on ebay by now ....
  • Options
    OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    tedwards wrote:

too bad you don't have any proof
    the police will do nothing if you have nothing to proof
  • Options
    jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    Opi wrote:
    tedwards wrote:

too bad you don't have any proof
    the police will do nothing if you have nothing to proof

Sure they will, if you tell them the switch is full of dounuts! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Im assuming they will come out with the comment

"As in a light switch?" icon_rolleyes.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sure they will, if you tell them the switch is full of dounuts!

Good one! :D
    All things are possible, only believe.