Options

Considering New Study Resources...Along with a Target Exam Date!

Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey All,

I recently finished my first Netacad course for the 3rd time already and I have to say.....I was a bit pissed. However, I got the practical portion completed this time and passed but the theory stuff bit me by 7 points from passing. So I talked to my instructor and he said that if I get my CCENT or CCNA before November, I could waive the first Netacad class and get credit.

So, I currently have Odoms CCENT book along with Boson sims and practice exams. Fishing around the forums, I've heard many people suggest Lammies book as well and it's something I may purchase and then I can start reading/labbing during our upcoming reading week (Feb 29th-Mar 6th). Would 8 months be enough to conquer both the CCENT/CCNA exams if I read 1 chapter of each book a day? I'm looking at scheduling my CCENT for June 16th and my CCNA for mid October.

Update: Has anyone used Udemy as a video supplemental for their studies? $24 for some videos seems to good of an offer to ignore.
Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill

Comments

• Options
    jetb2jetb2 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm using most/all of the resources you've listed. I really like the Udemy vids (and keep looking - you can get them for $10). I'm using Chris Bryant's. I don't like that he's reading the material off of the screen with the occasional side note but it's a good class.

I like both lammle and Odom and I'm going back and forth between them. I have the time and like how they present the same material differently.
  • Options
    stunnedsoupstunnedsoup Member Posts: 120
    Nafe92014 wrote: »
    So I talked to my instructor and he said that if I get my CCENT or CCNA before November, I could waive the first Netacad class and get credit.

Just to make sure: If you just get the CCENT you will get credit? Then yes, you can definitely get it in 8 months. You can even get both the ICND1 and ICND2 in 8 months as well. If you study diligently you should not have any issues. 8 months is a LOT of time.

Also, I am currently using Bryant's course. Used it for ICND1 and am now using it for ICND2. Excellent source!

Best of luck man!
    Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]
  • Options
    NightEye00NightEye00 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Odom's book for both ICND1 and 2 and I liked them absolutely - I recommend them.
    Otherwise I used PT and when I was confused I read through some RFCs as well :D (it sounds a bit crazy, I know, but it's the most official guide of how a protocol/technology works!)
    Now, my ICND1 has been passed and ICND2 are dated on 29th Feb - but I feel like I mastered all the topics from ICND2.