Options

Passed (887)

shazzamshazzam Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just passed the CCNA exam with a score of 887. Not a great score but an improvement over the 812 I scored 2 weeks ago.

I got the same ospf emulation!

Thanks to you guys especially mikej412 for his brotherly advice. You rock!
Aim for the moon, if you miss you'll be among the stars!

Comments

• Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    leighleigh Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! :D

Right now I'm tap-dancing between studying for MPLS and another exam that shall remain nameless... but the final beverage of the evening will be non-caffeinated in honor of your victory over the CCNA exam!
    drunken_smilie.gif

And your score is only about 15 points short of what a CCSI (Certified Cisco Systems Instructor) would have to get for the CCNA -- so that isn't bad at all. And part of the study for CCNP includes some review -- so as long as you don't nap during those parts, you could easily be CCNP bound!

So, what's next? icon_wink.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    shazzamshazzam Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:

Right now I'm tap-dancing between studying for MPLS and another exam that shall remain nameless... but the final beverage of the evening will be non-caffeinated in honor of your victory over the CCNA exam!
    drunken_smilie.gif

And your score is only about 15 points short of what a CCSI (Certified Cisco Systems Instructor) would have to get for the CCNA -- so that isn't bad at all. And part of the study for CCNP includes some review -- so as long as you don't nap during those parts, you could easily be CCNP bound!

Gee I'd like to be a CCSI but right now, I am thinking of A+ then N+

Between N+ and CCNA I wonder which is easier?
    Aim for the moon, if you miss you'll be among the stars!
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Congratulations!!!
    Life is a journey...
  • Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    shazzam wrote:
    mikej412 wrote:

drunken_smilie.gif

Gee I'd like to be a CCSI but right now, I am thinking of A+ then N+

You should smoke the N+ after passing the CCNA, with at least a score in the high 7's or 8's! You'll do fine.
  • Options
    shazzam wrote:
    Well... the N+ for sure -- the first 1.5 semesters of the 4 semester Cisco Network Academy covered about 75%-80% of the N+ material. So yeah, the CCNA covers more (fun) stuff and should be harder.

That said -- if you don't respect that other 20-25% of the N+ it could surprise you. icon_eek.gif

I think it definitely worth grabbing one of the good N+ books and going for it NOW. icon_study.gif

Your hot off the CCNA so you should still know a lot of the trivia (or be able to review/refresh it easily in your memory). And it is espcially good if you are thinking of doing admin work for both servers and networks -- and also picking up an MCSE (and some of the other CompTIA certs).

I reviewed the N+ stuff when I was thinking about becomming a CCNA, but I had already been doing networking for bazillions of years, so I decided not to go for the entry level certs.
  • Options
    duncnzduncnz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In all honesty, does CCNA not imply that you are above N+ level? I would have expected that A+ would complement CCNA better.
  • Options
    duncnz wrote:
    In all honesty, does CCNA not imply that you are above N+ level? I would have expected that A+ would complement CCNA better.
    Some of my friends are N+ certified... so I cannot confirm this (but also notice I'm not denying it). :D

I think you can "get something" in the Microsoft certification world with the A+ and N+ ... so it could still be useful. And that other 20-25% could come in handy -- again if you combine it with a Microsoft cert.

For a pure networking person (in a Cisco Environment), it probably would be a waste once you have your CCNA.

But then, I've considered the Linux+ certification -- but if I get one CompTIA certification, I might as well get them all. icon_lol.gif