Options

Exam and group policy?

albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
I am sitting this exam tommorrow and am going over some last minute study and was just curious as to how the exam handles group policy.

I have sat the course 2274 and in the text book there is two quite lengthy chapters on using GPMC. I was wondering if on the exam you need to do exercises like in the book where you are given a diagram and have to drag and drop the group policies into the correct OU's to get the desired results.

Or is it more like the practice exams i have been doing where they give you a problem and say "Apply the remove run from start menu GPO" as a possible solution.

The reason I ask is because this course is I believe a bit more infront of the exam, as it has WSUS and GPMC, and I dont want to waste a whole lot of brain room cramming it with blocking inheritance, enforces, who can apply GPO links .etc.

Comments

• Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    don't know haven't taken exam yet (mine is friday), but i do know not to choose the answer that says "change the settings in all the machines"!

Good Luck! icon_eek.gif
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    albanga wrote:
    I am sitting this exam tommorrow and am going over some last minute study and was just curious as to how the exam handles group policy.

I have sat the course 2274 and in the text book there is two quite lengthy chapters on using GPMC. I was wondering if on the exam you need to do exercises like in the book where you are given a diagram and have to drag and drop the group policies into the correct OU's to get the desired results.

Or is it more like the practice exams i have been doing where they give you a problem and say "Apply the remove run from start menu GPO" as a possible solution.

The reason I ask is because this course is I believe a bit more infront of the exam, as it has WSUS and GPMC, and I dont want to waste a whole lot of brain room cramming it with blocking inheritance, enforces, who can apply GPO links .etc.
    i think the second scenario will be more likely for the 270, but expect both and more on the 290. either way if you know group policy then it won't matter what type of question they throw at you.

also, WSUS isn't in the exams, and if i remember well, neither is GPMC.

chuchuchu wrote:
    don't know haven't taken exam yet (mine is friday), but i do know not to choose the answer that says "change the settings in all the machines"!

Good Luck! icon_eek.gif
    you can't know what not to choose until you see the question. icon_neutral.gif
    witty comment
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    true dat
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.