Options

Can someone explain Microsoft Certifications to me?

Hello,

To keep things short, I have no IT background and new to industry, studied and passed my A+. This really boosted my confidence and gave me motivation to continue on this path.

I am looking to continue CompTIA certifications however I am interested in learning about Microsoft certs. A kind forum member posted this diagram showing Microsoft certification paths.

I am stilled confused, do you have to take certain smaller exams as a prerequisite? So taking the purple line as an example, would a person need to pass an MTA exam consisting of 349, 365, 366, and 367 sections in order to be moved on to taking 687 exam then to 688 and finally you are considered MCSA certified?

Thanks in advance, excuse my lack of knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    ArkrainArkrain Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    [h=3]What is MTA?[/h]Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) is an introductory Microsoft certification for individuals considering a career in technology. MTA certification addresses a wide spectrum of fundamental technical concepts, assesses and validates your core technical knowledge, and enhances your technical credibility. Note MTA exams do not qualify for MCP certification, nor are they a prerequisite for MCSA or MCSD certification.

You get Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification, with ONE of those exams (349, 365, 366, or 367).

You get MCSA: Windows 8 Certification, with BOTH exams (687 and 68icon_cool.gif

Sorry for my English.
  • Options
    techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    So all you got to do is pass the 687 and 688 exams and you're MCSA: Windows 8 certified?

Is it like passing the 801 and 802 for the CompTIA A+, where you have to pass both? icon_study.gif
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Techtia you need to visit the Microsoft site for more details. Any timw you don't understand something the best thing to do is go to the vendors website. Here is thw link for all Microsoft certifications and the explanations with the requirements for them.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/certification-overview.aspx

For the example you mentioned, click on Desktop - Windows 8 and you will see what courses you need to take and what happens after you take those courses.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    anyone know about the MTA certs? do you get a separate cert for each one? Like is there an actual "MTA Security Fundamentals" cert and an actual "MTA Server Fundamentals" or whatever the name is?

Or do you just pass one of those tests and you get "MTA" and if you pass a second, you just get the same cert?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark