Passed CISSP Today! 2/26/16

SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 CISSP, GCIH, GSEC, Project+The TriangleMember Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just sat for the CISSP a few hours ago and passed! I'm incredibly stoked right now!

I went in thinking it was going to be a monster, and while it was certainly challenging, it wasn't /that/ bad! My questions consisted of a heavy majority of BCP/DRP stuff, with a few sprinklings of various other domains. Extremely NOT technical (as I found out previously because of this forum), and had only a few questions on my exam that dealt with subjects nearing "technical".

I was fortunate that I was able to attend SANS West last year, and taking SEC401 / passing my GSEC definitely helped as the largest preparation for it. Additionally, work experience was a primary factor in helping me "think like a manager", as my job is primarily risk / policy and such. On the study-aid side, I watched all of the Cybrary videos while reading the 11th Hour chapter corresponding to the particular videos I was watching. To supplement these, I used the McGraw Hill practice tests, taking multiple tests in each section until my scores were consistently in the 80s across the board. Once I got to that point, I scheduled the exam.

All in all, great experience! Now on to the endorsement....
LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!

Comments