Options

Which Frame-Relay communication do you prefer to use?

geforce1010geforce1010 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
There are Point-to-point , Multipoint, Point-to-multipoint communications in Frame-Relay. I want to know which is better to use and why? Thanks.
I won't post a note to say "thank you" for you responde in order to prevent forums become busy. So "THANK YOU' in Advance :)

Comments

• Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are actually only two, point to point and multipoint. Point to multipoint is what you get with multipoint when your logical topology is hub and spoke AKA simulating point to point, instead of a full mesh. Multipoint is usually much easier to do initial frame relay configs on, but then you have issues with your routing protocols, like split horizon issues with EIGRP, and multicast issues with OSPF, you also have extra configs for your spokes, so that they can properly communicate with eachother. Point to point is just all around better in most cases, you don't need to worry about issues with routing protocols, or full connectivity issues with spokes talking to other spokes. I suppose there are situations that would fit either point to point or multipoing better just depending on circumstances and requirements.
  • Options
    geforce1010geforce1010 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So what are requirements & circumstances? can you make some example for each one?
    Thanks.
    I won't post a note to say "thank you" for you responde in order to prevent forums become busy. So "THANK YOU' in Advance :)
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So what are requirements & circumstances? can you make some example for each one?
    Thanks.

I can't think of any off the top of my head unfortunately. I'm sure there are some articles and or forum posts out there that people may present scenarios, and discuss possible solutions.