Options

Landed new job start date in March 28, having second thoughts

haydhayd Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

Currently work as a network engineer where its mostly sysadmin role than networking with the occasional firewall changes, I don't have vast majority of experience which is why I looked at other job alternatives to get this.

Long story short, have been offered a new role which is paying ~3k more not a big jump but the experience is a big gap, user vendors I have not used before. I also have a friend who is contracting for the employers at the moment and had given me some insight that 2 other permy staff had left, 1 being my interviewer who had vast experience who I was looking up too.

Now having second thoughts, mainly doubting my ability I think. Stuck in a puddle. Has anyone made the jump similar before?

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    People make those type of jumps all the time. You already have experience and your past experience will get you new experience, dont stress about it too much. You will do fine if you try and are self motivated.
  • Options
    haydhayd Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I rarely get stressed maybe this is a first for me haha, I'm always motivated 100% I guess I'm self doubting my ability, most of my work comes from implementation but not a lot of TSHOOT.