Options

Career Advice

rjon17469rjon17469 Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

Just looking for some opinions for my career progression and how I should spend my study time.

I currently have my CCIE R&S and CCDP. I have passed the CISSP exam and am currently waiting on the endorsement to be accepted. Additionally, I have passed the CCIE security written and am studying for the lab, and have passed half of the CCNP DC exams as well.

Obviously, I'm very Cisco-focused so far. For someone looking to progress in the networking and security world, what would you recommend next? I've seen a lot of demand for F5, so I've purchased some material to expand my knowledge in that area. I'm also looking to expand my security suite, so would Juniper or Checkpoint certifications be helpful?

I've been told to up my voice knowledge repeatedly, but I don't want to be a voice engineer. I was considering going to say the CCNP voice level after the CCIE security to expand my knowledge in that area but have it not be my main focus.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    rjon17469 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Just looking for some opinions for my career progression and how I should spend my study time.

I currently have my CCIE R&S and CCDP. I have passed the CISSP exam and am currently waiting on the endorsement to be accepted. Additionally, I have passed the CCIE security written and am studying for the lab, and have passed half of the CCNP DC exams as well.

Obviously, I'm very Cisco-focused so far. For someone looking to progress in the networking and security world, what would you recommend next? I've seen a lot of demand for F5, so I've purchased some material to expand my knowledge in that area. I'm also looking to expand my security suite, so would Juniper or Checkpoint certifications be helpful?

I've been told to up my voice knowledge repeatedly, but I don't want to be a voice engineer. I was considering going to say the CCNP voice level after the CCIE security to expand my knowledge in that area but have it not be my main focus.

Thanks in advance!

My advice is start by asking a better question: what do I want my next job to be?

Answer that and it gets easier. Look for job postings for that role. What are they asking for? Compare that to your resume, then start filling any major gaps.

Certs require significant time and money. So I don't get a cert that won't help me get interviewed for my dream job. I study, read, and lab all the time but that's driven by my own interest or a project I'm working on.