Options

Recruiter grief

DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ugh, after this week I decided I gotta rant a little. I've been looking for the right opportunity for a few months now. I get a lot of attention from recruiters and its for the jobs I'm looking for, but so far nothing has stuck. The rant is that the recruiters around
are doing a very poor job of staying in contact. Seems they only care so long as they have a position they think your good for.
Otherwise they don't return calls or emails, they even call talk a bit and say they are gonna call back in an hour or have the next person in the line contact me and I hear nothing. I even leave messages with them and get no response. Then a few weeks later
they call me back up like its nothing with another position and start the process over again.

Very frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Where are you finding these recruiters and what jobs are you applying for? Don't wait only on recruiters. Look to apply directly to companies also and read the job descriptions better. Aim for a job you can do with your current experience and not a job you think you could do in 1 year. You need the experience first in order to get to the point where you can setup into a position without knowing everything and figuring out 70% of the tasks.
  • Options
    $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    I'll go ahead and tell you how the process works if you don't know. The recruiter calling you needs, by contract, to submit (x) resumes to his/her boss which is then approved and then sent to the employer, then the recruiter needs to have (x) amount of people for the actual interview. If the company finds the right candidate, they have an (x) probationary period to see if the candidate works out, if the candidate does not, they then by contract have to make sure there are people waiting in line for the process again. The recruiter has to replace the failed candidate which is included in the price of the original contract. So, you are just in the middle of one of these scenarios I have listed.
  • Options
    I only apply for jobs I can do and I have lots of experience just never worked anywhere that wanted certs so my list is short on here. I do tend to do well when I can get my resume in front of the hiring guys. Thats just easier said than done most of the time.

Yeah, I'm just annoyed and thought I'd share. I haven't messed with recruiters since the end of the `90's. Its just that I moved to a new area and don't have a network of people to help out at this point. Back then I had recruiters who called and checked in constantly and always had something in the works or just sent me off to something and I did it. Now they interview several times with the recruiters and several more with the company. I suck at interviewing anyway and thats never gonna change significantly.
  • Options
    LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have two recruiters I'm willing to work with.

Everyone else gets the "how much is this position paying? Oh, it doesn't sound very appealing" treatment.
  • Options
    LeBroke wrote: »
    I have two recruiters I'm willing to work with.

Everyone else gets the "how much is this position paying? Oh, it doesn't sound very appealing" treatment.

LOL, I know how that goes. I'm surprised they still even ask at some of the rates they are trying to get.