Options

Cloud and Mobile Security

Hunter85Hunter85 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

With the introduction of new CBK cloud and mobile security was added to CISSP exam concepts.

I have been reading Sybex 7th edition and I noticed that especially cloud as a subject is not covered more than 2-3 paragraphs.

It briefly describes SaaS, Iaas, PaaS concepts and touches base with community, private and public cloud models.

Do you reckon I should be doing some self study from wikipedia and other sources related to cloud?

Mobile security is also not covered deeply but since I worked with several projects related to mobile solutions, I kinda feel confident

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You should know the basics and be familiar with the cloud services and deployment models, their characteristics and features on a high level. Cloud is covered in more detail in the CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) exam.
  • Options
    destroy8383destroy8383 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest in learning a little more about cloud and mobile security, types of authentication and services.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hunter85 wrote: »
    Hi,

With the introduction of new CBK cloud and mobile security was added to CISSP exam concepts.

I have been reading Sybex 7th edition and I noticed that especially cloud as a subject is not covered more than 2-3 paragraphs.

It briefly describes SaaS, Iaas, PaaS concepts and touches base with community, private and public cloud models.

Do you reckon I should be doing some self study from wikipedia and other sources related to cloud?

Mobile security is also not covered deeply but since I worked with several projects related to mobile solutions, I kinda feel confident

Thanks

Lots of good stuff here.

https://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/cloud

Also, this is one referenced in the candidate information bulletin:

https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/guidance/csaguide.v3.0.pdf
  • Options
    ScottFiestaScottFiesta Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great resources, thanks Ertaz.