Options

Skillset.com

jasonperry10jasonperry10 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is anybody using Skillset.com to study for CEH? I've been using it for a couple days now. I'm just curious if its worth it to ay the $99 for the pass guarantee.
What is everyone else's opinion on skillset.com? Did it help you prepare for the CEH exam?

Comments

• Options
    gorgongorgon Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used it as my primary source for passing the CISSP, but that was when the site was in beta a few months ago. I took my exam when I was at 91% readiness and I passed.

Been poking around at the CEH version and it looks similar in quality to the CISSP, but I have not bought the Pro version yet.
  • Options
    bassmen999bassmen999 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also using Skillset.com and found it very useful!

CEH v9 study guide for android is very well setup!
  • Options
    thanks for the feedback.
    I'll keep using it and take the CEH exam when I get into the 90% range.
  • Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    I would never pay that site a cent. It has a lot of work to do before it's ready to make money. Use it for additional studying, but don't rely on it to teach you anything.
  • Options
    I'm using it just for practice and as a tool to determine my weak spots.
    Is there a better test site that you prefer?
  • Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    Honestly Skillset is probably doing you more harm than good. They ask horrible questions which might falsely build your confidence.

ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams

Has much more difficult technical questions which might help you spot the weaknesses in your studying.
  • Options
    ablindseyablindsey Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ExamCompass only deals in CompTIA, we are talking about the CEH exam
  • Options
    precisemmcprecisemmc Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ive been playing around with this iOS app I found its one of the first hits when you good CEH practice exams. Its not free but its taught me a few things.
  • Options
    I ended up using Boson tests and the Matt Walker AIO test questions. I passed
  • Options
    emilyanncremilyanncr Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Skillset just rolled out their "premium" edition, before it was just all free and I've used it to study. I've gone through 85% of the modules and am scheduled to take the test Sat. In addition to skillset I purchased Matt Walkers AIO study guide as well as the 'total tester' software recommended in that book. I think it was also like $100. When I began studying, v9 was not out yet and it is a whole lot more difficult than v8 from what I hear. They've added a lot of new material and the AOI books only cover about 50% of what's on the test. After having learned that I purchased a v9 exam **** that guarantees it will help you pass. In sum, I've prolly spent around $300 in total for all the materials I've purchased to help me prepare. I think $99 is a good deal. Had it been released earlier, I would have gone that route. Good luck with your exam!
  • Options
    pcmanhousepcmanhouse Banned Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    emilyanncr wrote: »
    Skillset just rolled out their "premium" edition, before it was just all free and I've used it to study. I've gone through 85% of the modules and am scheduled to take the test Sat....!
    emilyanncr, can you make any comments to the Skillset questions now that you've sat for the exam?
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    emilyanncr wrote: »
    Skillset just rolled out their "premium" edition, before it was just all free and I've used it to study. I've gone through 85% of the modules and am scheduled to take the test Sat. In addition to skillset I purchased Matt Walkers AIO study guide as well as the 'total tester' software recommended in that book. I think it was also like $100. When I began studying, v9 was not out yet and it is a whole lot more difficult than v8 from what I hear. They've added a lot of new material and the AOI books only cover about 50% of what's on the test. After having learned that I purchased a v9 exam **** that guarantees it will help you pass. In sum, I've prolly spent around $300 in total for all the materials I've purchased to help me prepare. I think $99 is a good deal. Had it been released earlier, I would have gone that route. Good luck with your exam!

You actually purchased a **** for this ? It's probably a scam I can't believe they would have the new exam w and a's
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Man, **** exam? The funny part this is an ethical exam!!!!
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.