Options

Which study material is best for A+

soulnehisoulnehi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am about starting a career in IT and wamt to write the comptia A+ exams.Have a medical science background. Need advice on what study material will be best.Actually considering buying professor messers study notes.I need materials I can easily understand .Thanks all!!

Comments

• Options
    techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    Read through the threads on the first page, there are tons of info.
  • Options
    techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    I am updating my answer for you with more info.

My method was to read the Exam Cram 6th Edition by David Prowse (800 Series) and along the way, take notes. It is a big book also and it took me 3-4 weeks to study for this exam. After I read the entire book, I would just do practice questions from the CD included in his book, CompTIA sample questions, examcompass.com and crucialexams.com. I would also look over my notes, written notes and ones that I typed.

Then for the things that need visuals, I would refer to Professor Messer but I used his videos last so I couldn't finish them all, though they were great they were a little long for me. If you have IT experience, I don't think this exam will be too tough, just gotta get yourself mentally ready for the wealth of information, that's all.

For this exam, go buy a book on Amazon with a lot of good reviews, READ the reviews sometimes they give you hints and tips. I didn't take the 900 series but the 800 series doesn't retire until June 30th of this year so you can actually do either. I guess 900 is more updated, I didn't learn about the 900 until midway studying for the 800s.

Be sure to also search this forum for threads with "Passed" or "I passed" because those people will sometimes provide helpful hints, everyone will give you slightly different tips but there will be reoccurring answers and those answers will provide you with the popular resources.

Search my started threads, I have a lot of hints I give out.