Options

CEHv9

Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
So i need to get my CEH and i have 6 months to do so...i also need to to be CASP certified within the same timeframe. Is this doable? i was studying for my Network+ and got about 1/3rd of the way into before the requirement came in.

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck. Work requires you to get 2 certs in 6 months?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    "There's no CEH version" comment in 3,2,1.. GO!

This conversation is pointless without knowing your level of expertise in the subject matter.
  • Options
    Good luck. Work requires you to get 2 certs in 6 months?

Yes, Background is using Nessus, and the rest of Tenable product lines. so i exclusivley work with it in that sense for the last 4 years

i did the entire CISSP course on Cybrary.IT so i have familiarity with it in that sense for the CASP
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's doable, I did my CASP in Oct. and then the CEH in Feb. Just gotta buckle down and study/train.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    danny069 wrote: »
    It's doable, I did my CASP in Oct. and then the CEH in Feb. Just gotta buckle down and study/train.

I'll use this chance to ask what material you used for CEH and CASP. CASP i was going to just buy the book and use cybrary.it. CEH seems a bit more...involved
  • Options
    For the CEH: CEH Cert Guide: 1st Edition (2013) M. Gregg, Actual Book, Official EC-Council slides, Nmap cookbook, CBT Nuggets
    For the CASP: CASP (2015) T. McMillan, Kindle Version

I must say that taking the Security+ and my university coursework (B.S. Digital Forensics/Cyber Security) also really prepared me in passing these exams because of actual usage of tools such as Wireshark, Nmap, Nessus, Snort, Metasploit, FTK Imager, Access Data Forensic toolkit, the multitude of tools in Kali Linux (Kismet, Nikto, Aircrack, Gerix, etc.) But also not just tools, my classes have also taught me cyber laws, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, Patriot Act, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc. So all of these things combined have helped me greatly in passing. I also glanced at the Cybrary videos and they are great.
  • Options
    danny069 wrote: »
    For the CEH: CEH Cert Guide: 1st Edition (2013) M. Gregg, Actual Book, Official EC-Council slides, Nmap cookbook, CBT Nuggets
    For the CASP: CASP (2015) T. McMillan, Kindle Version

I must say that taking the Security+ and my university coursework (B.S. Digital Forensics/Cyber Security) also really prepared me in passing these exams because of actual usage of tools such as Wireshark, Nmap, Nessus, Snort, Metasploit, FTK Imager, Access Data Forensic toolkit, the multitude of tools in Kali Linux (Kismet, Nikto, Aircrack, Gerix, etc.) But also not just tools, my classes have also taught me cyber laws, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, Patriot Act, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc. So all of these things combined have helped me greatly in passing. I also glanced at the Cybrary videos and they are great.

Thank you! is it a fair assessment to say if you used one vulnerability scanner interface the others are usually fairly similar? i was going through the cybrary material and its all very interesting i actually enjoyed sitting down for the 2 hours i was going through everything. Thank you for the book recommendation
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Z0sickx wrote: »
    So i need to get my CEH and i have 6 months to do so...i also need to to be CASP certified within the same timeframe. Is this doable? i was studying for my Network+ and got about 1/3rd of the way into before the requirement came in.

What industry do you work in? Gov't?

If so have they provided you any training help?
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    What industry do you work in? Gov't?

If so have they provided you any training help?

DoD world, they will pay for material costs
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    DoD world, they will pay for material costs

Remember you have access to FedVTE and Skillport to prepare for these exams.

Hopefully they will purchase the voucher for you..
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    Thank you! is it a fair assessment to say if you used one vulnerability scanner interface the others are usually fairly similar?

I've used GFI Languard and preferred Nessus, Metasploit also generated a report which was nice, it depends on your preference but they are all similar, but yet different. I suggest you use a few to see how they work.
  • Options
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Remember you have access to FedVTE and Skillport to prepare for these exams.

Hopefully they will purchase the voucher for you..

if i pass :D