Options

Please critique my resume

ps.89ps.89 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I'm a regular user here at TE, but I created a different username to avoid any conflicts at work since my old username is too similar to my real name.

Please critique my resume.

Summary
A military veteran with professional experience in information technology, telecommunications, and customer service. I am in the process of obtaining industry certifications including CCNA and MCSA. The majority of my experience has been providing technical support for clients in industries such as mortgage lending and the Department of Defense.

Experience
Help Desk Technician, company
08/2015 to Present
Provide IT support for a company who hosts cloud services for over 100 small businesses and provides complete IT services (remotely) for two medium-sized companies.
· Provide helpdesk support to end-users. Resolved over 2,000 support tickets.
· Manage 500+ user accounts in Active Directory. Tasks include creating/disabling accounts, password resets, and modifying distribution/security groups.
· Manage user mailboxes in Exchange and Office 365. Tasks include creating/disabling mailboxes, configuring delivery options and restrictions, managing storage size, and assigning licenses in O365.
· Solely responsible for building virtual machines for the company’s SaaS hosted clients. Duties involve building the virtual machine in vSphere, installing applications, and installing backups through MS Data Protection Manager.
· Create and manage SFTP sites using Bitvise/WinSSHD for customer data migration and decommissioning.

Funding Coordinator, company
03/2013 to 08/2015
Assisted in coordination and processing of home loan submissions
· Process forms and applications to ensure accuracy and completeness using Encompass360® mortgage software
· Verify current employment status of applicants
· Review post-closed loan documents for accuracy, completion, and any outstanding conditions

Field Radio Operator Sergeant, US Marine Corps
08/2007 to 10/2011
Responsible for operating telecommunications equipment to communicate with command centers, vehicles, and aircraft
· Carried out installation, integration, repair, and testing of telecommunications and wireless equipment, including antennas and power supplies
· Installed, tested, and repaired networking cable such as coax and UTP/STP
· Responsible for managing and maintaining over $3 million in telecom equipment

Education
DeVry University, city, state
Bachelor of Science, Network and Communications Management
Expected April 2017. 62 units completed.

Relevant courses completed:
►PC Hardware and Software ►Intro to Networking
►Windows and UNIX Server ►Cisco Routing and Switching
►Voice/VoIP Administration ►Principles of Information Systems Security
2021 Year Goals: CCNP Enterprise Core; finish a Python video course