Options

Need Career Advice

cbm1442cbm1442 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
I recently graduated from WGU with my B.S. in Information Technology - Security and I am working on their new MSCIA degree. I am currently working as a computer operator in upstate New York and want to move to the west coast for various reasons that are unrelated to my career choices. I am have about a little over one year worth of experience working as a computer operator and as a help desk analyst for various contracts. My current job is underpaid and does not have much room for growth. I have tried looking for other local work but there are too many people who have much more experience then me. Should I wait it out so I can get my masters and a bit more experience for my resume or should I look for work on the west coast now? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Where in West Coast would you be moving to? Have you done research for that specific area in terms of jobs and standard of living? Some areas are expensive so even if you get more money, you would be paying more for other things. Would you be able to finish your Master's if you move? What type of jobs are you aiming with your current experience for the new location?

If you have done the research and everything aligns with your goals, then the decision is yours.