Options

Question when applying for a job.

windsor888windsor888 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just want to know if I need to bring my microsoft and cisco certificates on the interview when applying for a job. Do they require it or just my cisco and microsoft id number in the resume is enough. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    mynamebilalzahidmynamebilalzahid Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi, you have to build a curriculum vitae (CV) for yourself and put all your qualification information on that cv thats it, you dont have to carry all your educational proofs for job interview, after interview if they demand you to provide related document then you will carry and handover them.

WOOCommerce Bulk SMS | WOOCommerce Notifications | WOOcommerce Plugin Notification
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Your IDs should be sufficient for a resume. It's unlikely that they will ask for proof, unless it is a hard requirement, and then it's usually later in the process. The online check is usually more than sufficient even for that, though.

But if you bring a laptop bag or brief case with you, you can easily stick the certificates in there. Depending on the job, you can bring along all sorts of show and tell - code samples, working code, topologies, labs, workbooks etc.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    I'm with OctalDump on this - take them along with any other supporting evidence of your abilities that are reasonable just in case - being well prepared for an interview is a sign for the interviewers that you will be well prepared for the challenges that the job could throw at you.
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Getting a nice leather/leather looking "portfolio" of sorts that you could carry your certs, resume, letters of recommendation, etc would look REALLY good in a resume. I interviewed for a social work job and brought some examples of my work (activities I had planned with children, documentation, training resources I had made, etc.) and was able to back up my answers with them. I was told later that it definitely gave me an edge in my interview, and I was hired for the position. Don't go overboard with pulling papers out, but it's good to be prepared. No harm in bringing them. Just bring them in looking professional!

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I always bring copies with me although I've never had anyone ask me for it. I used to include theverify link and cert numbers on my resume, but it disn't look that good nd took up too much space, so I decided to just list the cert name. Like everyone said, if they want proof they will ask for it.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I know people who ask to see your official cards or certificates just to be a hard case, but I never do. I take people at their honest, open word about certifications. I'm usually a good judge of character, plus we tend to ask technical questions at my work to find out where job candidates are skill-wise, so lying about your qualifications won't matter if I ask you a question about something and you don't have the slightest idea as to the answer. Not to mention if I hire you and find out you don't know jack about stuff you should have known for the cert test, that's a good way to get fired in your first month, then I'll complain at my next local IT meetup about how joe schmo doesnt know jack about this or that and then your marketability with most of the employers in my area goes down the drain.