Options

Job boards and hiring managers

OmniTechOmniTech Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
So it seems to me that the majority of postings on various on jobs search boards (Indeed, Dice are what I use) are recruiters looking to match your CV and the respective position they have ready, etc. Now, I've noticed that lack of contact information from the actual company itself looking to hire a candidate.

Is there a way one could find such information? I know the process takes a while, and i don't mind having a recruiter help but I'd like to just directly contact them myself as it could speed the process for me. And I've very good with contacting people, keeping in touch, etc. As some of you may know, I recently had an interview with Xerox and am still waiting for feedback. My current recruiter, I feel, is BSing me right now because of the lack of communication. After shooting an e-mail and getting a callback once, asking for a background check confirmation and whether I'm willing to accept the offer (this was last Wednesday) I was told I'd receive some feedback on Thursday or Friday, only to have been left hanging. So I'm not exactly pleased with this lack of communication.

Any suggestions for direct contact through job search boards? I'm currently trying Craigslist with some success, and I'm in the process on getting connected with local recruiters in my area.

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Search for an HR representative in said company and email them (LinkedIn as example)

Otherwise 90% of the time if you search part of the job description it'll show up with the posting at the company and you can reach them directly.
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Even if you do find the company the recruiter is hiring for, that company might have just contracted it out to the recruiter(s)/agency. Then you are right back where you started.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I see a number of jobs locally where you can tell it's the same position but multiple recruiters are all posting it in different towns. I talked to one of them about that, he said they did that so you can't figure out the company and cut them out of the loop. Some are lazy and just copy/paste the job description which makes it easier to google and find the real employer, others change it completely and it's a total shot in the dark about who you would really be applying to.
  • Options
    OmniTechOmniTech Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    Search for an HR representative in said company and email them (LinkedIn as example) Otherwise 90% of the time if you search part of the job description it'll show up with the posting at the company and you can reach them directly.
    Said company, as in the whatever the agency is? I'll try doing search using the job description. Seems like a good way to get through to the actual company hiring manager directly.
    thomas_ wrote: »
    Even if you do find the company the recruiter is hiring for, that company might have just contracted it out to the recruiter(s)/agency. Then you are right back where you started.
    True, but I'd rather take my chances and speed up the process. Shows interest and urgency. I hate waiting for the middleman (who can screw up waiting periods) when I can just contact them directly myself. If it turns out as such, then I just have to wait then.
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    I see a number of jobs locally where you can tell it's the same position but multiple recruiters are all posting it in different towns. I talked to one of them about that, he said they did that so you can't figure out the company and cut them out of the loop. Some are lazy and just copy/paste the job description which makes it easier to google and find the real employer, others change it completely and it's a total shot in the dark about who you would really be applying to.
    Thanks, that's good to know. I'll keep it in mind.