Can I claim CPE credits by watching / listening to ISC2 ThinkTank recorded webinars?

tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got a question here; can I claim for CPE points after listening / watching ISC2 ThinkTank recorded webinars?

The ones listed here: https://www.isc2.org/thinktank/default.aspx

Comments

• MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should be able to add your Certificate Number when you register for the webinar. They will automatically update your CPE's.
  • Matt2Matt2 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, just don't change the email address for Isc2 and not ThinkTank like I did. Then the auto CPE credit doesn't work. Oops!
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea I haven't seen the auto credit work either...and my email for both thinktank and ISC2 is the same
  • tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought it has nothing to do with email address. You enter in your ISC2 member ID which I presume is your cert ID and they will credit the CPE into that ID; no?
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Check in next month and look at your view/edit list for the appropriate certification. If its auto-magically added you know the process is working appropriately.

Most auto updaters work out the gate but occasionally I have to add them manually.

- b/eads
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My CPEs have been updated automatically for the webinars and InfoSec Pro Mag quizzes.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • buganalystbuganalyst Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can i claim a CPE credit for CISSP for a security bug which i identified in a product and later for which a CVE ID got assigned.

The product owner has published and security article and given the credits to my name in the article for identifying the security bug.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Does CompTIA offer CEU's for listening to podcasts like this?

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    CompTIA has its own webinars and they do grant CEUs for them. Got an email from CompTIA about IT Pro Day on December 7th ...granting CEUs for webinar attendance. It's 1 CEU per session.

https://www.comptia.org/itpros

https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/how-to-renew/earn-continuing-education-units

@NavyMooseCCNA Sign up for FedVTE access while you still have .mil email account.
  • trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    Podcasts don't count for CompTIA unless you have proof of registration or completion certificate (See the Live Webinar section of the CE Program Activities Summary document.)
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My .mil account was gone years ago icon_cry.gif

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• BlackmaltBlackmalt Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like the OP, I'm trying to watch webinars to get CPE points, but it seems things are different on brighttalk.com compared to the past. I would appreciate it if anyone can answer the following questions:

• In some webinars I'm required to enter my ISC2 member ID (which I assume is my ISC2 Member Number) and then it's not required any more. Is it stored per-channel? If so, how can I check that it's correctly defined for each channel? There doesn't seem to be any configuration panel with this info.
    • When I go to View/Report CPE on isc2.org, I don't see any records that I watched the webinar (in this case this webinar).
    • When I go to Viewing history on brighttalk.com I see the webinar I just watched listed, but also ones that I only started. How can you tell what portion was watched? As far as I understand, one needs to watch at least 40 minutes to get 1 CPE.
    • There is no quiz at the end of the webinar. Have they stopped doing that?
    • There is no confirmation in email that I watched the whole thing, let alone pass a quiz.
    Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif
  • cbkihongcbkihong Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    • No, I don't think that member ID association is viewable or editable after you subscribed it. Probably unsubscribing and then re-subscribing will do, but I wouldn't dare to try.
    • Judging by the date of the webinar, credit is not entered yet. From my experience, expect around a week for the credit to appear on your report (assuming you have properly entered the ISC2 member ID with that specific ISC2 BT channel).
    • Been watching BT 1-hour webinars for more than a year and never seen any quizzes. Or you meant the e-Symposium? That one the ISC2 webinar page did mention a quiz is necessary, but I never watched any of that.
    • Don't worry. If you have really watched the webinar end-to-end and registered with the correct ISC2 member ID, the credit will arrive at some point. They set some checkpoints throughout the course of the video that if playback reaches those points, they ping back. If you have been through all the checkpoints, they should give you the credit.
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To OP and Blackmalt,

I think there is a way to print the certificate of completion. Keep notes on your CPE's in the case of an audit.

Good Luck!!!