Options

Recommendation for cyber security degree(BS/MS)

bibi6747bibi6747 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm recently looking for cybersecurity program but I'm totally new in this field my BS in university was Communication

which is totally irrelevant. But I'm start to looking in this field. I live in D/M/V area and a lot of my friends in cyber security.

In my case, I think I should start from the BS, but It seems that it takes too much time and money to step on the foot in cyber security. Are there any good cybersecurity program either BS/ MS that total newbie like me can start and apply for it?

Most of MS seems need work experience to apply for it.

I also wonder whether school brand name does matter to get a job after graduation.

What kind of aspects are important when you guys decide to pursue the degrees in cybersecurity?

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you hoping a BS/MS gets you into a cybersecurity role? What type of experience do you have? If no business/IT experience, I'm not sure that another degree will help you out here. Experience, labs, and certs will be your friend.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My previous role had MS in Information Security as a bonus for someone with no experience. It even paid more,too. So, having it certainly doesn't hurt you, it only increases your probability. MS in Infosec and a Security+ or SSCP will make an Talent acquisition head spin.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I guess there are exceptions to the rule. I can't see a S+ and MS degree getting someone a job when they have no experience. Unless it was a SOC job where the kiddie gloves are on them for a while, I wouldn't hire that person for an Infosec role.