Options

Passed CISSP - March 17th

brca3990brca3990 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I finally took my CISSP today and passed it (first attempt) I thought i would post to share my experience so that it might help others.

I have been working in some form of IT for the past 10 years, heavily the last 8 years in Security and Infrastructure. I took a Global Knowledge CISSP course last December and heavily started studying i would say the past 3-4 weeks.

I purchased a paid ccure account and watched all of the CBT's on Clements website about a month ago, i then purchased the cccure quiz engine 2 weeks ago and have taken approximately 50 or so sample exams through their site. the cccure CBT's and quizzes are probably the reason i passed the test. Clement does a very good job at explaining the domains with great detail.

The exam itself was very difficult, much more than i thought it would be. I was almost certain i had failed when clicked the end exam button. I spend about 3 hours answering questions, i probably 30 that i had marked to review. Then spent another 40 minutes or so reviewing those and ended up changing probably 1/3 of them. I only took one short break, that was after the 3 hour mark and before i went into review mode.

So to sum it up, my recommendation would be to
  • Watch Cybrary.it videos
  • Purchase cccure account and watch CBT's
  • Purchase cccure quiz engine and take as many sample quizzes as you can
  • As other people have said, try to use no outside knowledge when answering the questions. only use the information they give you that you have learned from the CBK. Do not try to think to hard or fill in gaps with what you have learned in the real world, it can hurt you.
Good Luck!

Comments

• Options
    CJ3CJ3 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    DocRoyDocRoy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and thank you for the write up! I'm about 2 months into my studying and will be taking the exam in early May. I plan on purchasing 30 days worth of access to CCCure in April for additional practice questions.
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! That's awesome
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    abelamoralesabelamorales Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IaHawk wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass and thank you for the write up! I'm about 2 months into my studying and will be taking the exam in early May. I plan on purchasing 30 days worth of access to CCCure in April for additional practice questions.

You can also use https://www.skillset.com/certifications/cissp - it's free and worked for me.
  • Options
    You can also use https://www.skillset.com/certifications/cissp - it's free and worked for me.

Awesome, thank you!
  • Options
    brca3990brca3990 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IaHawk wrote: »

Good Luck!!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • Options
    twtyjtwtyj Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and great write-up
  • Options
    AlwaysStudyingAlwaysStudying Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done-

Do you get pass score, or just pass?

If pass score, do they give scores of the domains?

Just curious......

Thanks
  • Options
    You do not receive your score if you pass, only if you fail.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□