Officially CISM, yay!

TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
Got the official email today. It has taken ages, but I'm glad it's done and dusted!

Comments

• Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cool! Give that man a beer.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate well deserved
  • adebluadeblu Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got notification that I passed CISM in Jan. but I procrastinated and didn't submit the application until a month later. I JUST got my confirmation letter yesterday. My goodness... it feels like a weight has been lifted off of me.

Congratulations on getting your endorsement!
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    adeblu wrote: »
    I got notification that I passed CISM in Jan. but I procrastinated and didn't submit the application until a month later. I JUST got my confirmation letter yesterday. My goodness... it feels like a weight has been lifted off of me.

Congratulations on getting your endorsement!

Tell me about it. Congratulations to you, too!

Whats next?
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    what direction do ye guys intend on going with this cert? are ye already putting it to use in a practical sense?
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    what direction do ye guys intend on going with this cert? are ye already putting it to use in a practical sense?
    As the title says, be a Security Manager. icon_lol.gif
  • bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I'll always encourage an individual to follow their dreams.Now my input:I can kind of understand where you're headed with this question. Getting certs can become addictive, almost even a hobby. However for practical use and ROI, going for cert after cert may not be a wise choice, imho. In that person's mind, he/she may think that each cert should give them a separate bump in pay but it doesn't work that way. You can have a total of 15 certs (Cisco, Offensive, Giac Microsoft) and if you go into, let's say security, one CISSP without any other cert may get paid more. I personally stopped doing that for two reasons. Then you realize that you only been using about 25% of only one of those 15 certs in 3 years and what reappears? Recertifiction 1. I'm not paying multiple AMFs each year 2. I'm not interested in gaining CPEs that may not blend well across diff vendors. From my approach. I focus on getting one cert and diving deeper into it, seeing my ROI and then plan my path for the next beneficial one. Long gone are the days when i had multiple microsoft, cisco, comptia, giac certs as they were not feasible. I personally get certs to understand best practices and then for a ROI for salary. I don't get certs for hobby anymore. Remember IMHOicon_cool.gifMy last advice, DON'T think just passing the exam and then looking up on Indeed and filtering for 100k+ for that specific cert will automatically get you that salary. Go with what is natural to you. If you pass a cert without having full experience, use wisdom, and seek a position that will first season you UP to the point where you will officially be that For example, Boy A passed the CISM, and has two years working as a security engineer, never been a manager. He searches for jobs on Indeed for CISM and see roles about Director etc...Wisdom would be finding a role that is a step lower to first learn how to operate in that capacity before you start meeting with C level execs. Also, keep in mind that IT folks still require a bit of business acumen to perform and communicate effectively to upper management...Real upper ie boards, C level, etc.Employers eyes have been opened...Trust me..The industry speaks...ALOTicon_wink.gif
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • adebluadeblu Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, my certification can be used as credits towards my bachelor's so I'm going back to school soon. My next cert is going to be CRISC for sure.