Annoying coworkers

DrakeisaDrakeisa Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

I recently started in a new company and I like it.

However my co-workers are annoying and distracting me!

these people come to work probably screws around 30 percent of their days which is fine but they distract me with jokes and stuff which involves me.

It is so annoying especially i have a serious personality and a damn good work ethnic and i am serious about most things.

They also send me after hour random text etc which is annoying!

I dont want to report them to the HR or my manager because even though i dont care about making enermies i need their help (work wise) as we are a team.

What is the best way to tackle this

It is seriously dropping my productivity.

I just want to come to work do my job and I do not care about what others did in the weekend.

Comments

• olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just tell them. Say youre busy or would rather be left alone. Just be honest and direct but not rude.
    Dont jump to HR and ruin a relationship and likely make things worse.
    You dont have to respond to texts. And you didnt have to give them your personal number.
    Drakeisa wrote: »
    I just want to come to work do my job and I do not care about what others did in the weekend.
    Youre going to have to work with people. Get used to it
  • DrakeisaDrakeisa Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    olaHalo wrote: »
    Just tell them. Say youre busy or would rather be left alone. Just be honest and direct but not rude.
    Dont jump to HR and ruin a relationship and likely make things worse.
    You dont have to respond to texts. And you didnt have to give them your personal number.

Youre going to have to work with people. Get used to it

Yeah i am not going to the HR yet,

but i will be direct with them and try not to be rude.

I am a contractor so i gave out my personal phone for work related queries ONLY.

I understand i have to work with people but this is beyond annoying I did not have this issue in other places.

It is like you cant be productive - FINE!

dont drag me into your ship!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You need to learn to be more flexible with people and at the same time do not give them a reason to drag you into their conversation or make fun of you. IT is a small world, you never know with who you are going to cross paths in the future so learn to play nice. You need to learn to bend your personality a bit, do not always be serious with them. Learn to develop people skills, it something that will help you tremendously.
  • UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    You really need to learn to lighten up - in the sort of office environment you find yourself in you are going to become the problem by acting like you have a stick up your ass and can't blend in with the culture.

I appreciate you are trying to be professional but it will just come across as an inflexible, anally retentive jobsworth and you will probably become a joke around the office. Try to be human and join in just enough to get them off your back - you can use your contractor status to justify that you need to get your work done, but join in on coffee & lunch breaks as much as you can tolerate.

It is all part of adapting to fit into whatever environment you find yourself in as a contractor - nobody likes a bore so don't be one, be what is appropriate for the team culture (within reason of course).

Good luck.
    Iain
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Agree with the others, might need to meet in the middle. Coworkers having fun isn't going to stop just because you don't want to have fun with them, they're likely going to just say you don't fit in with the culture. Maybe try to understand that working in an office isn't really always 100% work? This shows why people sometimes post and say things like, "I'm so pissed, I work so hard!! and the goofy guy who just talks to everyone go the big promotion! Life is so unfair!!" This like that happen because that person made friends and made for a happy atmosphere at work, the employee with the better output but who is being antisocial and upset that people are trying to be friendly after hours isn't typically the one that gets seen in a good light.