Options

Network cabling installation job

jcarrillo26jcarrillo26 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I was wondering how would I go about getting a cabling installation job? I would like to know the foundation of telecommunication closets and running cable. I think this would be a good job for me. Thanks everyone for your future feedback.

Comments

• Options
    DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shouldn't be hard to get. It's more of a manual labor type of job than anything else and the pay is usually way to low these days.

If your meaning doing more than pulling the wires, then that will pay more and you'll put that CCNA to use. I'd contact local MSPs to see if they need a guy and there are always projects going on. Live near Charlotte, nc? I got a call yesterday for a similar project I had to turn down but I could refer you.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recently worked in a datacenter for a short stint doing this with hopes of getting more network experience but all I did was manual labor pulling cables. Oh I even got to plug and unplug the ends of the cables! All of the major work involving configuring was done by the network admins. It's pretty dead end work.

If you really want to then just look for entry-level data center tech jobs. I bet there are better jobs for you to get into with your CCNA though. IMO would be a waste of your time.