Options

CCENT scheduled mid April

twinn-burnertwinn-burner Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Been using Laz/udemy and the h2p site.

any tips or suggestions?

This will be my 2nd attempt.

My first attempt was in 08 for the CCNA....649-801 (I think it was)

Comments

• Options
    NVLadyNVLady Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Be sure you can do subnetting in your head. You can get practice at subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online. Good luck!
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NV makes a great point. The CCENT difficulty depends on how much experience in networking you have. Understanding subnetting is critical though, because it is common to encounter several questions regarding it and if you are not able to quickly do it then it can be a bit of a time sink.

Understanding the OSI model and subnetting will cover a good bit of the basics. Outside of that, you should be generally comfortable with the blueprint objectives (Single area OSPF, Port Security, etc).
  • Options
    fmitawapsfmitawaps Banned Posts: 261
    Look up subnet charts online. Pick one. Practice writing it out until you can do it entirely from memory. Then do it 10 more times.

When you go into the test, write out your whole subnet chart on the scratch paper before you do anything else. It will come in handy probably 5-10 times during the test. Even if you know the answer, use the chart to double check.

I never got into the whole 01010111 10101000 10101010 thing of counting, adding, and subtracting bits using zeroes and ones. Don't waste time on that crap. I just math it out from the subnet chart. Easy and fast once you're thinking right.
  • Options
    So I purchased Boson Max Exam to get another "perspective/test engine"....

WOW...it is a ton more harder than the H2P....

Now I am a little scared...I am able to get 85-90 on all the H2P test...

I just got the Boson lastnight so maybe I have not given it enough time.

I thought I was ready..but now I am 2nd guessing myself.
  • Options
    Soo MuchSoo Much Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you know how to subnet in less than 9sec & how switches work
  • Options
    cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Taking my test this Thursday. Definitely give an update.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • Options
    stunnedsoupstunnedsoup Member Posts: 120
    Subnet well...either do it on paper quickly or in your head. Rote memorize multiples of 8, 16, 32, and 64 for easier reference. Boson is a great study aid!
    Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
  • Options
    I have it scheduled for Tuesday 4-19.....fingers crossed.

I feel like I can subnet pretty well and fast...just a little concerned about the SIM's.....etc