Options

Passed CASP

firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
After 3 months of studying at night with little to no sleep I passed. I used both the McMillian and Sybex books read them 3 times each. Took the practice quizzes over and over highlighted and took notes and passed. Good luck to all who take it. Some of the questions like others have said are very tricky but just read the question and look at the answers twice, you'll do great!

Mike B.S, CASP +CE, SEC +CE, NET +CE, A +CE

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif How would you compare the Sec+ to CASP+?
  • Options
    To be honest I found this certification to be a lot more in-depth. with SEC + you need to know the types of Symmetric keys as an example this one you need to know the differences of the keys and how they work. Just as an example of the level this one operates at. You need to think managerial more than anything thing though. What is the most cost efficient way to take care of an issue. Simply put it best option answer.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What's next? CISSP?
  • Options
    Yes and I start Graduate school this Fall!
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Congrats! Out of curiosity, how much of the content was covered by things you did in your BS ISS?
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Some of it was covered in my degree however, the problem is it is spread out over a few years right? So, you are better off with some years experience with a bachelors degree in the related field. In my degree we had over 20 or 30 books we read. The McMillian book covered a good majority that helped me a lot. Its always good to get those degrees to check the box so to speak.
  • Options
  • Options
    AnnettacAnnettac Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! How were the sims? Did you get the ACL? I am hoping to get a different set the 2nd time around next week.
  • Options
    The sims were actually not that bad to be honest. If you have the McMillian book it goes over a lot of things covered in the test. That sim you are talking about, I think you are looking to hard into it.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    AnnettacAnnettac Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the McMillian book and several others. I appreciate the insight.
  • Options
    Good luck on your re-test. Let me know how it goes!
  • Options
    JC DentonJC Denton Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :) I'm also studying for CASP and so far I went through the whole Pearson (McMillan & Abernathy) book once. I was wondering if you can share your opinion on whether this book alone covered everything that you got on your exam. Any advice regarding sims?

• Options
    In regards to the sims. Please read the paragraphs thoroughly in the McMillian book. Some of the information in specific sections clearly hint towards some of the sims that can be presented to you on the test. So instead of pretty pictures to guide you, you ahve to read and interpret how to look at a network and its configuration from a logical and physical perspective. Does that make sense man? That book alone?? I would buy the Cybex as well to be honest my friend a little redundant however, there might be more or less material covered in certain section plus your experience helps a great deal.
  • Options
    JC DentonJC Denton Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to look into more materials besides the Pearson book.