Options

Help Prepping for Infrastructure Engineer Linux

aBlackPersonaBlackPerson Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was hoping to get some help and advice on what to be prepared for so that I make a great impression on my interview.
They want someone that knows Linux, mainly Red Hat; and I'll be interviewing with their team of engineers. I'm a NOC Engineer and we use debian on a regular bases. I've been studying for my RHCSA for the passed few months as well. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I just got a job as a Linux Engineer for a military organization because of my RHCSA and VMware knowledge. From my experiences in interviews and interviewing candidates, at this level you need to be able to answer a good majority of technical questions about RHEL. If you are familiar with any flavor of Linux, including Debian, you can rest assured other than config files, the filesystems and binaries are very similar. I would go over the RHCSA exam objectives and focus on the ones you are least familiar with.
  • Options
    aBlackPersonaBlackPerson Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Verities wrote: »
    I just got a job as a Linux Engineer for a military organization because of my RHCSA and VMware knowledge. From my experiences in interviews and interviewing candidates, at this level you need to be able to answer a good majority of technical questions about RHEL. If you are familiar with any flavor of Linux, including Debian, you can rest assured other than config files, the filesystems and binaries are very similar. I would go over the RHCSA exam objectives and focus on the ones you are least familiar with.

Thank you for the response! What kind of questions do they ask?