Options

Passed Sec + -- surprisingly!

LuckygoblinLuckygoblin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
With a score foo 804 I passed the Sec + after 4 weeks of intense study. The test felt really weird at first, as there seemed to be a lot of focus on material only quickly touched in my study methods. Only 2 simulations, 2 being easy and one being the most minimalistic in terms of information they gave you ( something about identifying an attack on your network).

In all honesty, I had figured I had failed the test until I saw my score.

Study materials/methods:
- Security+: SY0-401 Study Guide by Darril Gibson ( book only, did not get then online material)
- Practice exams in the DG book
-InfoSec Security + Lab's handbook
- Professor Messmer videos & Study Note PDF
- David Prowse YouTube videos
- CompTIA Sample Questions

My Advice: Really know the acronyms. I think I worked more on studying the port numbers and not enough really focusing on the nitty-gritty of the acronyms.

Comments

• Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    awesome. i scored an 805 a couple weeks ago with much of the same study material as you.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    EdinEdin Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How many questions did you have in the exam?
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not the OP but I had 62 questions on mine. And about 4 or 5 sims
  • Options
    EdinEdin Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you take your exam in the last 14 days? I've found a strange pattern with CompTIA -- they use one centralized database of questions they rotate every 10-14 days for their exams.

Curious because I'm going in for mine in a few days (Sec+) and hate CompTIA sims.
  • Options
    LuckygoblinLuckygoblin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    there were 72 questions on my exam and I took it on 3/31